Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Am I actually Dyslexic?

Justinnnn-1Justinnnn-1 Member
in General 78 karma

Has anyone else come to the point in their studies where they are beginning to think they have a cognitive disability when it comes to reading during this test?

For instance the other day, I went a whole 10 to 12 minutes thinking that the question was talking about Flies, the Red, Green, and Yellow kinds. Even after BR, the entire time, flies. Then after watching the explanation, JY starts talking about Red files, green files, and yellow files.... -_-

I am done the CC and have put in about 500 hours + of practice/study time in the last 2.5 months. At this point and realization I do not think there is any hope in hell that I can actually ever score a 160 when I can't even read properly......

Comments

• kwillar9kwillar9 Member
    248 karma

I'm 11 months into studying for this test. Pretty hardcore studying mind you and while doing a practice test last week I read "emphatic" as "empathetic" while knowing exactly what each of these words mean. I read this word MULTIPLE TIMES and still didn't realize what I had done until watching the explanation video after BR.

I wouldn't be so hard on yourself. My running joke to myself is "as soon as I learn how to read, I will crush this test."

• Justinnnn-1Justinnnn-1 Member
    78 karma

@kwillar9 said:

I wouldn't be so hard on yourself. My running joke to myself is "as soon as I learn how to read, I will crush this test."

I empathize with this comment both theoretically and emotionally. Thank you, and I wish you all the luck on your road to literacy as well! XD

• This still happens to me. I am an above average reader as well. Don't worry. Just remember this going into each stimulus and try to focus on reading the exact lettering.

• hotranchsaucehotranchsauce Member
    288 karma

I won't say you're not dyslexic. Maybe you are. However, the LSAT is written in such a way as to actively disrupt your thought patterns regardless of if you're dyslexic or not. You can sure as hell bet that if you get lost or confused within a portion of the test that it was by careful design by people smarter than us. Don't see that as a point of loathing, take pride in the ones you get correct because each problem is difficult in its own way.

• Steven_B-1Steven_B-1 Member
    794 karma

Happens to me all the time lol, I've tried slowing down a little bit and it has helped somewhat.