Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I noticed a pattern when reviewing my last three test. What does it mean?

Ms.LeeSanzMs.LeeSanz Member
in General 227 karma

What does it mean when the only answers you get wrong are the ones you flagged during your test. In my last three test every wrong answer I had was flagged. Has anyone experienced this before?

Comments

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8313 karma

Broadly, you know what you dont know... which is good. Much better than confidently answering wrong. Now use your review to identify exactly what the issues are and form a plan of attack to address them.

• Ms.LeeSanzMs.LeeSanz Member
    227 karma

Thank you! I was thinking... like did I know I was going to get it wrong lol

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27821 karma

How many questions you get right are you flagging?

227 karma

I flag 2-3 questions that I get right.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27821 karma

@"Ms.LeeSanz" said:
    I flag 2-3 questions that I get right.

Ok, that’s reasonably healthy. If you had a ton of those it’d be a different matter. Otherwise, I agree it’s a good correlation.

@"Ms.LeeSanz" said:
    Thank you! I was thinking... like did I know I was going to get it wrong lol

Funny enough, this happens all the time. I can’t begin to tell you how many questions I used to miss knowing I was picking the wrong answer. So if you ever find yourself about to choose an answer you know is wrong, eliminate it instead! Might sound obvious, but for whatever reason, it’s a thing. Blind guessing among the other four is a way better option, and you can usually do better than that. As my placeholder answer to keep until I can come back later in the section, I go with the answer I least understand. A surprising amount of the time, it turns out to be right.

It doesn’t sound like you’re necessarily doing this, but in case you are picking answers you know are wrong, feel at ease knowing it’s not unique to you!

• Steven_B-1Steven_B-1 Member
    794 karma

At least it's not the same pattern i've recognized on my tests: Error 404: brain no work

227 karma

@Steven_B Trust it wasn't too long ago that I was getting the same Error! It gets better