Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UC Hastings v. UC Davis

Confidence150Confidence150 Alum Member
edited April 2022 in Law School Admissions 1417 karma

Hello 7 Sage Community,
I would highly appreciate any feedback from the two schools. I received merit based scholarship from UC Hastings and is at the top of the list. As the first deposit is right around the corner, I am still waiting to hear back from UC Davis and app is still in review. Not sure if I should make my deposit soon or wait after I hear back from UCD. I would like to live on campus for the convenience there is the on campus housing app as well.

Ultimately, I hope to practice in Southern California and landing in big law.

Thank you and good luck all! :)

Make Deposit or Wait After I hear back from UCD
  1. Make Deposit or Wait After I hear back from UCD5 votes
    1. Make Deposit
      20.00%
    2. Wait After I hear back from UC Davis and then make deposit
      80.00%

Comments

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8313 karma

Davis has slightly better numbers, but short of a personal reason to favor one over the other (like area), I'd think it would come down to financial aid. That said, you're not even accepted to both yet. If you favor UCD, wait until the deadline to deposit in case you hear back before then. If you want to get it off your plate and are fine eating the deposit at Hastings should Davis let you in, then pay the deposit.

• Confidence150Confidence150 Alum Member
    edited April 2022 1417 karma

@canihazJD I am admitted to Hastings with a merit based scholarship and other funds. Still waiting to hear back from Davis and app is still in review. Thanks for your help!