Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blind review

wendy282wendy282 Alum Member
edited July 2015 in General 42 karma
1. If my blind review gives me the same answer for a question, as the first time around, do I still enter the same answer under blind review under "LSAT Analytic"? Eg: if I picked C during timed test for a question, circled the question because I'm not sure, then in the blind review, I still think C is right, do I mark C as my blind review answer, even though it's the same answer as before?

2. Would someone help me understand what's the reason to do blind review BEFORE you check your answers? My question is that if you do blind review before check the answers for the questions you got wrong, won't that reinforce wrong thinking? Please let me know if I'm missing something here.

Comments

• NYC12345NYC12345 Alum Inactive Sage
    1654 karma
    No, only insert an answer if it differs from your original one.
  • wendy282wendy282 Alum Member
    42 karma
    thank you!
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    I always insert an answer for every single question I circled for BR, even if I keep the same answer. That way it highlights those questions as a low rather than very low priority so in the analytics so I can review it if I so choose.

Also, it is imperative that you do not check your answers before BR, otherwise it would not be blind. If you know what questions you got wrong, then it will be much easier choosing from four ACs versus five. If you check your answers first, you are not blind reviewing, you are just reviewing and it's pretty useless. You actually want to be biased towards your original selection during BR because it forces you to humble yourself and really dig in to analyze the reasoning or argument structure.
  • wendy282wendy282 Alum Member
    42 karma
    Thank you!!
    8021 karma
    No problem, let me know if you have any additional questions.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @wendy282 said:
    1. If my blind review gives me the same answer for a question, as the first time around, do I still enter the same answer under blind review under "LSAT Analytic"? Eg: if I picked C during timed test for a question, circled the question because I'm not sure, then in the blind review, I still think C is right, do I mark C as my blind review answer, even though it's the same answer as before?

2. Would someone help me understand what's the reason to do blind review BEFORE you check your answers? My question is that if you do blind review before check the answers for the questions you got wrong, won't that reinforce wrong thinking? Please let me know if I'm missing something here.
    1. I do! The analytics record incorrect BR choices with a different "priority" than ones that you just didn't BR.

2. WELL. I have gone back and forth on this. The fact is that if you know you got a question wrong, even if you don't "know" what answer you initially chose, you will probably remember which one you chose and eliminate it in the BR process. Hmm. Not really getting at the heart of the matter, by having even a vaguely-remembered wrong answer choice eliminated right off the bat.

It's tough, but we gotta be strict if we really want to improve.
    8021 karma
    On #2 I always advise against checking your answers because we advised someone a couple months ago who thought they had a BR that was consistently in the high 170s, and they were frustrated that their timed score was nowhere close to that. It turned out they were checking answers so their BR was not blind at all since they were choosing from four answer choices and it was giving them a false sense of security.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @Pacifico said:
    It turned out they were checking answers so their BR was not blind at all since they were choosing from four answer choices and it was giving them a false sense of security.
    Yes—even if you don't "look at which answer choice is wrong" you're still prone to remembering which one you chose. So, checking at all is out, IMO.