International Law - AUWCL vs Cardozo

I got into both with great scholarships, but I can't decide which one to choose. AUWCL has a great `Intl Law program (7th in the country), but Cardozo is higher ranked (AUWCL 73 and Cardozo 52). Both cities are great for that area of law, however, I am looking to live abroad after (I am an international student). Would love to hear your opinions :)

Comments

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    edited April 2022 8444 karma

I wouldn't worry about ranking between those two.

Specialty rankings can also be ignored in general. A school can have a lower ranked specialty program but be able to readily connect you to a job while a higher ranked program may make you slightly better looking on paper if anyone cares to look past your GPA/journals, but leave you to fend for yourself in the job market. Many schools programs just extend to another line on your diploma if you take certain classes. Also the USNWR rankings which I assume you are using are completely drawn from a 1-5 peer rating by professors. Figure out what their "program" consists of and combined with the school as a whole, figure out which one will best help you achieve your goals.

Unless you have a specific course/clinic/professor in mind at one of the schools, I'd go with the one that's the cheapest, in the area you prefer, gives you a better vibe, or a combo thereof. Definitely visit and/or talk to as many people as you can at both, including their OCS.