Logical Reasoning - Loophole Method - Advice?

Juice174Juice174 Alum Member

Hi everyone! I'm struggling with LR at the moment. I'm working my way through the Loophole by Ellen Cassidy, and am working through the CLIR-Translation Drills in the book at the moment (been using 7sage mainly for practice sets, LG, and analytics to date). I'm trying to improve my "active reading" skills and memorization -- I'm a big annotater and note-taker, and I like taking my time with reading to fully understand concepts, but I know that that won't cut it on the LR section of the LSAT. The issue with my progress so far on the Loophole and with its CLIR-Translation drills is that it's unclear if I'm doing the CLIR-Translation Drills correctly and therefore hard to tell if I'm heading in the right direction? Maybe I just need to be more patient, but I'm wondering if anyone has been in my position before/ or if anyone has experience with the Loophole? Do they advise I push through until I really get to a place where I really feel like I know the content? I REALLY want to improve my LR score so any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• BRReivaBRReiva Member
    55 karma

my advice: Coming from someone who is "decent" at Logical Reasoning. My strength is Reading Comprehension, and my worst section is Logical Games. I would say you just got to keep drilling it into your head everyday. Little by little, and over time it will start to become easier and you will start to see patterns and trends in question and answers.

• Juice174Juice174 Alum Member
    36 karma

Thank you!! That is really helpful -- I'll keep drilling and trying to comprehend the stimuli in my head. I struggle the most with the hardest LR questions.... but I realized that once you break through the convoluted language of the LSAT by simplifying its language, the loophole can be pretty easy to spot. I'll keep practicing so that breaking down difficult language in my head will get easier I hope!!