Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When to schedule time for PTs

I plan to take the June LSAT, and I want to ramp up my PT taking in the most leading up to it. However, I find I'm just barely able to manage one a week. I work full-time, so I take one PT over the weekend and use the rest of that time to Blind Review, go over explanations for tricky questions or anything I missed, and drill.

Every time I've tried to take a PT after work, I find that I'm far worse. I'm tired, I'm hungry because I need dinner, and my ADHD medication is starting to wear off, so it doesn't feel representative of my true abilities. I'm wondering how others work or are in school balance PT time with other responsibilities. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• I also work full time, and just don't PT on weekdays. If I am feeling not too tired from work, I try to practice instead a section that is my weakness (which is LR).

I was originally going to do June but because of once PT a week/working full time, I am going to take the August exam instead.

Also, kinda random tip! On tired days but not LSAT studying, I've got in the habit of reading books for fun. I've read here or there it might be helpful and I believe this is the case for me.

• BRReivaBRReiva Member
    55 karma

what I have done after getting off work is chug a red bull and go straight into it. The caffeine gives ya a extra boost of focusing in for the PT

• teechj117teechj117 Core Member
    291 karma

Is there a time in the early morning to do sections before the work day starts? You may have to break up your studies in chunks to master time in particular sections instead of doing them all at once every time you PT. The crunch can get real

As stated, reading some daily will help with info retention and those lengthy RC passages. Fool proofing games is also something that can be done during the week. Try and find things to do in between PTs to stay sharp if you're finding yourself low on time. Life happens.

Good luck!

• victoriastarrett92victoriastarrett92 Core Member
    34 karma

I'm in a similar boat. I have ADHD, I work full time and I feel like I can barely PT. One thing that has really helped me was getting a tutor, and trying to meet people either taking the test or who have taken it and have similar goal cores to myself. If you know anyone who was able to get their goal score, ask them what they were doing and try to emulate that, then adjust for what works and what doesn't.

• dmlang22dmlang22 Member
    130 karma

In a very similar boat (adhd, working full time at a very demanding job, working hard, and feeling tired).

not advice at all - just commenting to say I see you, you're juggling a lot, and you're doing amazing in terms of doing what you can with what you have.

• Just wanted to say thank you to every one who commented! I've started PTing on weekends and breaking up other PTs in chunks, which has been SUPER helpful. Also upping my daily reading, especially non-fiction. I've also loved seeing how others working full-time are making it through! We got this!