Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Study Group for October 14th and November 11th LSAT Test Dates

Sara ShaffiqSara Shaffiq Alum Member
edited April 2022 in Study Groups 16 karma

Hi all!

I hope you're doing well! Disclaimer: this will be a longer post, but I have a TL;DR at the end.

I'm planning on taking the October 14th, 2022 LSAT (and most likely the November 11th, 2022 LSAT as well). I am also aiming to have submitted my law school applications by September 30th, 2022.

With that in mind, I am looking to form a virtual study group that would serve the following purposes:
a) prepping for the test and studying together;
b) creating a space where we can be held accountable for our study time (since I personally have been having a hard time staying on track);
c) providing peer support throughout the application process (ideally, but not required to join!); and,
d) perhaps making a few friends along the way!

Just a few notes before I get into the details:
a) This group is open to everyone, regardless of where you are in your LSAT prep journey and/or your score goals. Put simply, it will be a kind, supportive, and inclusive space for anyone that wishes to join.
b) Everyone has different schedules and so there is no need to commit to studying with the group every day/for the entire duration of the study sessions to be a part of this group.
c) To keep this a judgement-free and safe space, practice test scores and score goals will be kept private from one another, especially since again, we may all be at different places in our prep journey.
d) This will be a virtual study group and we will meet via Zoom/Microsoft Teams (depending on our preference). A proposed study plan/schedule is as follows:

Proposed study plan:
a) Monday to Friday: Silent study arrangement where we can individually go through our own LSAT prep, with the exception of 5 minutes at the beginning and end to settle in and wind down, as well as a break in the middle. We can also decide as a group if we would like to set aside some time (~15-20 minutes) sometime during the week to go over difficult concepts and questions we are reviewing.
b) Saturday: Practice test day! Again, we can decide as a group how we could like to set this up (ideally I'd like to stimulate an actual proctored test), and we can also interchange PTs with drilling and/or other exercises and activities.
c) Sunday: Open discussion and blind review. Sundays will be dedicated to blind review, as well as for the group to discuss and go over any problems, questions, or breakthroughs from the week.

Proposed study schedule (all times in EST):
a) Monday to Friday: 7:00 AM to 8:30 AM; 7:30 PM to 9:30 PM.
b) Saturday: 2:30 PM to 6:30 PM.
c) Sunday: 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM.

Again, the proposed study plan/schedule is just that: proposed. This can always be adjusted to better meet the needs of group members and to be more accommodating.

If you are interested, please comment down below or send me a message and I will send you a call/chat invite. I'd hope to have an informal call before we get straight to studying to meet and get to know one another (date TBD). As a quick reminder, however, please don't post any personal information (i.e., phone numbers, email addresses, social media handles, etc.) in the comments.

Thank you so much for reading my post and I'm looking forward to hopefully studying with some of you!

Sara

TL;DR - proposing a virtual study group for the October and November LSAT test dates, with a tentative schedule and plan detailed above.

Comments