Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fool Proofing Easier Games

Matt SorrMatt Sorr Alum Member
in Logic Games 2239 karma

For those who have fool proofed, did you fool proof games that you completed in under the target time on the first try? So far I've still been doing each game 4 times (following the Pacifico method) regardless of if I completed it in under the target time on the first try, but I'm not sure if it's necessary.

Comments

• 269 karma

It may be good practice in the beginning to fool-proof even the games you fully understood within a given time limit, though you may want to phase that out as you progress in your studying.

When I was towards the end of my prep, I fool-proofed any game that I did not get 100% on. I also fool-proofed any game that had a component unlike anything I previously encountered, regardless if I scored 100%.

As you progress, fool-proofing becomes less about the game itself and more about understanding how an entire game hinges on a particular interpretation of a single rule or an implicit assumption. Eventually, it will make more sense to focus your energy where it is most needed.

• Matt SorrMatt Sorr Alum Member
    2239 karma

@GoatAdvocate_0L_SLS I gotcha. I think I’ll adopt that approach. Thanks for the response!