Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Logic Game: Please Advise!

seattlesluseattleslu Member
in Logic Games 24 karma

I've completed Logic Game PT 1 - 52. Would you recommend I continue to do more recent PTs or redo the one I've already completed? I miss about 7-8 questions for a complete set (4 games) with timing (30 mins). When doing a blind review, I still miss 2-3 questions.

I'm preparing for the 2022 June LSAT. Any advice would be appreciated!

Comments

• Law and YodaLaw and Yoda Alum Member
    edited May 2022 4301 karma

Any specific reason you are timing yourself with 30 and not 35 minutes? That extra 5 minutes may give you 2-3 questions that you're missing. I wouldn't move into other PTs just yet because you don't want to spoil the 60-90s. Because you're limited on time I don't suggest going through every single PT you have done from 1-52 but use a good amount this week and next for trial and error and then push into the new ones.

Use PTs 1-20 to do individual games timed. Practice one game at a time to figure out what your weaknesses are; what game type causing you to slow down, what question types are you missing, how much time on avg do you need for that type of game, etc.

Use PTs 20-52 to practice problem sets (4 games) under the 35 minute timed condition. See if you are able to carry over what you can do in one game alone to now a full set. If you can't try to figure out what is causing your accuracy to dip when you do 4 games together. Are you missing questions in the tail end because you run out of time? Are you missing questions in the front end because you aren't warmed up? Keep asking yourself questions to really understand why it is that you're missing questions.

• FutureQlawyerFutureQlawyer Member
    44 karma

Do not, I repeat do not look at any new tests. Not until you understand what you are doing.

I posted this on another thread, but it is also applicable here.

I know this will sound silly.

But, before you diagram anything, make sure you know what type of game it is (1 or 2 level ordering, grouping, in/out) there are other types just to be clear.

Draw a diagram for the specific game type.

Write down each rule individually, make sure you understand the rule, double check all the rules to make sure that you understand them all.

Then, if you can put rules together, put them together. If a specific rule states that one letter is in a specific spot on the board, put it in.

The biggest issue is a lack of basic understanding, spend time thoroughly reviewing your mistakes. If you have a hard time with a basic level of understanding, it will be harder and take a longer time to improve your understanding. If you do this right you will be at a -1 or -0 within a few weeks to a month.

• seattlesluseattleslu Member
    24 karma

Thank you both Law and Yoda and Darius C. for your advice! I tried not to use all 35 mins just for my practice and to get used to a timing set-up. I will revisit old PTs with the methods you guys suggested. :) I study alone so it is really nice to learn things from peers/seniors.