Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not understanding!

Can someone explain to me how Japan is a “model” if they are in a shortage. I’ve been trying to understand this for the past 6hrs

Comments

• Matt SorrMatt Sorr Alum Member
    2239 karma

Which question are you referring to?

• ArturoRolArturoRol Core Member
    59 karma

I think the question pertains to Preptest 1, Section 4, #6.

Japan is a model of the type of training effort required to be one of the most successful economies.

What is that training effort requirement? To train as many people as POSSIBLE in certain technological skills.

Training as many people as possible is not the same as training as many people as NEEDED, meaning that Japan may be doing their due diligence by training all qualified people that they can get their hands on—landing Japan into the position as one of the most successful economies—but it still may (and in fact does) have a shortage of technically qualified people.

The stimulus did not say Japan was maximally successful, just that it is grouped into the category of being more successful than all the other countries not so grouped. In other words, Japan could reach an even higher level of success if there was no shortage of workers.