Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Application Anxiety

I have been studying for a few weeks now, planning to apply this year, but I feel like the more recommendations or experiences I read about in the forum, the more defeated I feel. I feel incredibly behind, while everyone else seems to have their schedule for each thing in their application down to a science. I've seen recommendations for needing to have at least part time work + volunteering 10+ hours a week starting in May as a necessity so that there is not a red flag raised about this blank time on your resume. Which, I am currently not doing. I can start that in June, meaning that I would already be behind from when it was recommended.

Does anyone else feel this way? How are you handling this and how can I start feeling confident in how I am moving through the application process? I am committed to studying and have been consistent in the schedule, but it feels pointless when everything I read says anything under 6 months is not enough time. For context, I took a diagnostic over a year ago prior to studying and got a 155, I have yet to take a new one as I'd like to focus on the curriculum for now.

Comments

• 57 karma

I would say prioritize the LSAT studies above all else since it is the main part of the application. That "blank" time on the resume could be the time you took off to study for this test. From what I've heard from admissions staff, that is a valid reason to have a "blank" on your resume. If you can fit it in, it won't hurt to get some work experience for a few months. Unless you really want to apply on the first day the applications open, you should have plenty of time to get that score much higher. If you still get your application in before November, you are in good shape. A 155 diagnostic is pretty good! Power through that curriculum and start PT's and see where you're at. Then, you'll be able to evaluate where you are really. This also completely depends on what you're aiming for. Good luck!