Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LG correct rate

Anonymous-3-1-1-1-1Anonymous-3-1-1-1-1 Alum Member
in Logic Games 86 karma

Just started the first week in cc of LG and feel like I am an idiot. When I am doing the problem set, I can barely get 50% right answers for 3 star questions within 17:30. Couldnt calm down when I am drawing game board and make inference properly. Misread stem all the time. But during blind review I could easily draw a game board almost the same as JY and may only miss one question eventually. Dont know why that happened. Any advice to improve? Or just practice? My brain's like frozen with time restriction lol

Comments

• mikaylag-1mikaylag-1 Member
    62 karma

I'm in the same boat as you lol

• Matt SorrMatt Sorr Alum Member
    2239 karma

Have you attempted fool proofing?

• Anonymous-3-1-1-1-1Anonymous-3-1-1-1-1 Alum Member
    86 karma

@"Matt Sorr" said:
    Have you attempted fool proofing?

Not yet. Planning to watch that lesson tonight.

• madisont144madisont144 Member
    edited May 2022 108 karma

I was in the exact same boat as you but am now finally starting to nail the games. I think repetition is the best way to improve. Keep redoing the games you didn't get 100% on daily until you memorize the inferences and feel totally confident. Practicing A TON of games A TON of times is what made the difference for me (started at -14 and now getting between -0 and -3 consistently). Also, don't be afraid to take some time to reread the rules/stems; sometimes I got frantic and wanted to move on ASAP but taking those extra steps will help prevent little mistakes that cost time and sometimes a whole game.
    The important thing is to not get discouraged; with practice, it will eventually become second nature. It used to be my least favorite section and now I actually find it satisfying, lol. Good luck!

• AlexLSAT.AlexLSAT. Alum Member
    edited May 2022 785 karma

This is very common for beginners with LG. It gets better overtime with the foolproofing method; my advice is to make a google excel sheet and track your games; your time, # of answers correct/incorrect. Speed will come with practice, you will get better if you take the measures provided to improve.

LG is a completely new concept for the majority of people, once you learn the language and train your ability to pick up inferences quickly, you can see a huge jump in your score.