Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Underprepared for the June 2022 LSAT

NakkkamiNakkkami Member
in General 5 karma

So, the last few months have been difficult for me, and made studying for the June LSAT near impossible. My job schedule has gotten worse, and the workloads have become more stressful and strenuous, and by the time I get home I'm physically exhausted and mentally drained. And that's been every single day since February, (on top of having Covid and then dealing with Long covid for almost 3 months).

With that said,

I didn't have enough time to prepare for the LSAT. I read through several chapters of some books that I was using to study, and have taken a few practice exams but I'm sure that I won't do well.

Is there anything that I can do in the next 11 or 10 days that could maybe help me do better? I do plan on leaving my job this month, so after that I'll begin preparation for re-taking the exam at sometime at the end of the year or in January.

This whole experience has been super stressful and I have major regrets.

Also, in the event that I don't like my score, what should I do? IS there a way to revoke the score so that it won't count towards the 7 time test taking limit?

Comments

• sgriffgorsgriffgor Member
    98 karma

Some thoughts:

I would cancel your June test (not the score; cancel your registration) if you are pretty sure that you will not do well. I'd hold off until you feel more ready and then register. You will lose the $200 you spent registering. That's annoying, but I'd do it anyway. Law school costs about 1,000 times as much as this test — consider these fees a drop in the bucket.

There is a feature for first time test takers that allows you to see your score before canceling. You only get this once. I do not recommend using it up for a test for which you feel ill prepared.

Finally, I've heard a range of advice from podcasts and other sources, but you definitely don't want to actually take the actual LSAT 7 times. I'd say 4-5 is a good maximum to aim for. Take as many practice tests as possible, but only go into the real thing when you're confident you can do well/better than last time.