Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How much logical reasoning and reading comprehension prep should I do?

rivastobrivastob Core Member
in General 20 karma

So I took the June 2007 test before doing much of the material. I missed one question in logical reasoning and two in reading comprehension (and bombed the logic games). Obviously I'm focusing my prep on the logic games right now. But should I feel secure in my ability with the logical reasoning+reading comprehension? Could that one test be a fluke? How much prep should I do with those two sections? I'm aiming for an excellent score; I'd like to go to a top law school.

Thanks!

Comments

• claremontclaremont Core Member
    edited June 2022 590 karma

The only way to know is to do more LR and RC questions. Drill sections of each under timed conditions and see if your score remains constant. If it does, and this might be unpopular advice, I wouldn't recommend you doing anything different other than doing an in depth analysis of the questions on your own. If you picked a wrong answer ask yourself why you picked it, why it's wrong, and how not to make that same mistake in the future. If you start doing the core curriculum or reading different books that "teach" you how to approach these sections it could have the opposite effect.* While studying LG I don't think you should neglect LR and RC. I would alternate doing LR and RC questions/sections regularly as you continue to improve in LG. Best of luck.

*This is assuming your diagnostic wasn't a fluke. If you see a noticeable drop in your score in LR or RC then it would probably be beneficial to do the core curriculum or some other system, e.g., powerscore, trainer, loophole, etc.