Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blind Review Not Improving

themann121themann121 Member
in Study Groups 71 karma

Hey All,

I've been studying for over a year now, and have quite literally seen zero BR improvement in the last 6-7 months. Currently BRing in between 170-172. I hardly go above or below these numbers. Any and all advice would be much appreciated!

Comments

• sgriffgorsgriffgor Member
    98 karma

That might just indicate that that's your ceiling. I don't want to be negative, but I do think we all have our limits (for some people, that's a 180, but not for most of us). I think the question is, are your scores matching your blind review? Or is there a gap between your preptest scores and BR scores? That gap is where improvement can happen.

• Aastha SAastha S Member Administrator Sage 7Sage Tutor
    413 karma

Hey! Hitting a plateau is an incredibly common part of the studying process. The first thing I would say is don't stress! Because your BR score is pretty high, that means you have a very strong understanding of the test. The next step for you would be to pinpoint the little things that are holding you back. For example, if you aren't consistently getting -0 on games you should spend time foolproofing and really mastering that section. Maybe you miss those 5 star questions at the end of an LR section. Try creating a wrong answer journal to really analyze the misunderstandings that are causing those mistakes. From there, you would create targeted drills to tackle any gaps in your knowledge of the test.

As someone who has been in your position before, I understand how difficult it is to pinpoint those things yourself! If you're looking for some expert support in the rest of your studying journey, consider 7Sage's 1-on-1 tutoring program. We can help you create a personalized study plan to break that plateau! If you want to learn more about our tutoring program, you can use this link to schedule a free 30 minute consultation with me: https://calendly.com/aastha-sinha-21/7sage-tutoring-free-consult-aastha

I wish you all the best in the rest of your studying!