Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you draw your game board on the second page?

sarkisp23sarkisp23 Alum Member
in Logic Games 374 karma
Logic games are 2 pages per game now, with the first page being occupied by the game rules, etc and the first question. The second page contains the vast majority of questions per game (usually at around 6 questions). Now, before starting those questions, one has to draw the game board. But on which page? Drawing it on page 1 not only gives you ample space but would allow your diagramming to be very close to the written rules themselves, perhaps ensuring more accuracy in diagramming. Drawing it on page 2 however, allows the game board to be near the bulk of the questions with less page-flipping and eye-scanning, ensuring greater accuracy in the questions.

So on which page do you draw your game board? Personally, (and this is going to sound somewhat ridiculous) I've begun folding the first page in half vertically and drawing on page 2. This allows me to be near the written game rules and draw on page 2 at the same time. Do you think my technique is stupid? Is there a more efficient (and accurate) way to do this?

Comments

• DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited July 2015 7468 karma
    I actually write my master game board on the second page. That way my eye only has to move slightly back to the rules for the majority of the questions. It’s been a revelation for my LG practice.
  • sarkisp23sarkisp23 Alum Member
    374 karma
    Yeah I think that makes the most sense. Do you find it slightly harder to draw it on the second page being so separated from the original written rules? That's why I've begun using the page-folding technique LOL @DumbHollywoodActor
  • DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    7468 karma
    It took a little practice, but now I don’t even think about it. It’s all about using the finger of your non-writing hand. Watch the videos on PT 35 games to see what I mean. http://7sage.com/lsat_explanations/lsat-35-section-3-game-1/

Although, it can be annoying on the 4th section because of the “STOP” written in the middle of the page. If it looks like it will be a lot of writing, I may end up writing the rules on the right half of the first page instead.

• gs556gs556 Member Inactive Sage
    568 karma
    I wrote it on the first page so that I had the rules close by and then QUICKLY copied it on to the second page near the questions. Copying it down had the added benefit of becoming even more familiar with my game board. Just write quickly!
  • sarkisp23sarkisp23 Alum Member
    374 karma
    That's a good point I'm going to try that out I'm sure it won't take more than 10-20 seconds and like you said it will make me more familiar with it. @gs556
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @DumbHollywoodActor said:
    It’s been a revelation for my LG practice.
    You're blowing my mind right now. Have never thought of doing this. Will consider. BRB gotta LG.
  • jyang72jyang72 Alum Member
    844 karma
    @DumbHollywoodActor , I did the same thing. After all, majority of questions are in the second page and the question on the first page usually asks you to apply all the rules to it.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    What kind of witchcraft is this? Lot of crazy new strategies on the forum this past week... I dig it...