Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Auto drilling mode using unused questions?

ThinkingCrowzThinkingCrowz Yearly Member

Hi all,

When using the Auto Builder in Drilling mode for LR, I selected "incorrect questions from PTs previously taken." Yet, it used two questions from a PT I have not previously taken. I have few clean PTs left and I'm skeptical to use it again if it will draw from those clean PTs. Any assistance or advice is greatly appreciated, thank you.

Comments

• Paula --Student Service--Paula --Student Service-- Member Administrator Student Services
    edited July 2022 848 karma

Hi @ThinkingCrowz ,

I'm so sorry for the trouble!

I tried to reproduce the issue on Windows using the Chrome browser but I was not able to. When I selected the Auto Builder in Drilling mode for LR, I chose "Incorrect when last taken - PrepTests", the pool of questions were taken from the PT that I have completed.

Please see the GIF below:

To further investigate the issue, can you please let me know which PT these two unused questions were taken?

Let me know if you have any further questions. I’m happy to help!

• ThinkingCrowzThinkingCrowz Yearly Member
    11 karma

Hi @"Paula --Student Service--" !

No problem, the two questions were from PT 81.

• Paula --Student Service--Paula --Student Service-- Member Administrator Student Services
    848 karma

Hi @ThinkingCrowz ,

Let me look into this and get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you!

848 karma

Hi @ThinkingCrowz ,

I just want to get back to you on this.

I investigated and found the two PT81 questions are in a problem set named "10 Questions - Any Tags - 21% Expected Incorrect" created on 2022-07-13 hence, I tried to create drills under "Incorrect when last taken - PrepTests" and "Any - no limitations" to test this. The questions from "Incorrect when last taken - PrepTests" were from PTs that I have already taken a year ago while the questions from "Any - no limitations" were from PTs that I haven't previously taken.

I understand that you have selected the "Incorrect when last taken - PrepTests" option and I want to figure out what happened because we don't want other students having the same issue on our site. So it would be really helpful if you can let me know if you noticed anything odd when you created the drill or if you think there is any chance you may have selected the wrong option, perhaps due to peculiarities in the UI.

Thank you.