Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help on LR

I need help, I suck big time in LR and I’m terrified, my test is in September! What should I do, I quit my two jobs and still can’t feel, I’m able to grasp this LR section. Never felt this way toward an exam before.

Comments

• Matt SorrMatt Sorr Alum Member
    2239 karma

Are you only struggling with LR under timed conditions? Or are you also struggling when doing LR untimed? If you’re struggling under timed conditions but you do okay when untimed, then you need to explore time management strategies. There’s a bunch of forums here on 7Sage about time management, a bunch of advice you can find on Google, and I believe 7Sage has done a podcast about time management. If you’re struggling even under untimed conditions, I’d recommend going through the LR portion of the core curriculum here on 7Sage. Spend extra time on question types you struggle to grasp. After going through the LR section of the core curriculum, if some things still aren’t clicking, you could look into different resources like Ellen Cassidy’s Loophole or a tutor.

• minanicola97minanicola97 Member
    35 karma

When it is timed, it becomes very hard. What’s Ellen

cassidy’s loophole and which 7sage lesson would you recommend?

• Matt SorrMatt Sorr Alum Member
    2239 karma

Ellen Cassidy’s loophole is a book that covers the LR section of the LSAT. Many people swear by it. I personally know a couple of people who significantly improved their LR scores using it (like they consistently missed only one or two questions per section).

As for 7Sage, I was referring to the entirety of the LR section of the curriculum. The first (roughly) 50% of the curriculum is devoted to LR. It thoroughly covers each question type, how to approach them, the logic behind the questions, how to translate the logic, etc.

• Juan23vrJuan23vr Live Member
    298 karma

You should try a different prep course? Many others including myself sometimes just learn with a different approach and it could make a difference. It might help you as well. Or go through LR one more time if u cant afford another prep course at the moment.

• AyannaAzrielAyannaAzriel Alum Member
    20 karma

I would highly recommend loophole logical reasoning. It has changed the game for me when it comes to LR

• Aastha SAastha S Member Administrator Sage 7Sage Tutor
    413 karma

Hey! The biggest thing to figure out if you're struggling with LR is whether it's a content or timing issue. Next time you take a full LR section, really take your time with blind review (ensure that you've eliminated all 4 of the wrong answers and that you can articulate why each wrong answer is wrong/why each right answer is right). If there's a large difference between your raw score and your blind review score, pay attention to which questions you spent the most time on and ask yourself at what point you should have skipped the question and move on. If your blind review score and raw score are about the same, take a look at which question types you're missing and review those concepts in the core curriculum. After reviewing, make a problem set of just that question type and see if your accuracy has improved! Progress on LR comes primarily from practice. Just keep at it and you'll see improvement!

If you want individualized support on LR, feel free to use this link to schedule a free 30 minute consultation with one of our tutors. We would be happy to help you create a specialized plan for tackling this section! https://calendly.com/7sage-consult/7sage-tutoring-free-consult?utm_source=DF_A