Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it worth drilling Misc games

ekhydroxideekhydroxide Core Member
in Logic Games 53 karma

I've gotten good at getting -0 or -1 in LG unless I run into one of the really old misc games. Does anyone think it is worth my time to review them? Every time I go to watch an explanation video, J.Y. says something along the lines of "I don't think you'll see this on a modern LSAT," which is really discouraging me from putting in more work to get them down. Thoughts? Is anyone else running into this issue?

Comments

• yk123456yk123456 Member
    17 karma

Following bec I'm facing the same issue!

• NNNNJJJJNNNNJJJJ Alum Member
    54 karma

It's absolutely worth foolproofing them. Apparently they're making a comeback on very recent tests. You can focus on the misc games where JY doesn't explicitly say "you won't see this anymore." i.e. PT 1-10 are less important than 11-35, probably.

I don't think you have to do each one 5+ times or something (I usually watch the explanation video, then do things 2-4 additional times, with 4 for the extremely confusing ones) so foolproofing doesn't have to be a huge time sink. You also don't need to foolproof every single misc game. Often, misc games are hard because it seems impossible to figure out a game board or to interpret the rules by yourself / when you brute force it, it takes wayyyyy too long to plug and chug all the ACs.

Misc games can be helpful for mental fortitude, for assurance that no matter what curveball gets thrown to you on the test day, you won't panic. I've found it helpful to encounter a huge variety of games and learn to just not panic. A lot of misc games, if you just approach them in a systematic and calm way, actually go "smoother" than more labor-intensive standard games (like in/out with subcategories or something).

Also, the explanation videos are helpful for learning how to decipher the LSAT's language. A lot of times, simply knowing what the heck the LSAT meant by their twisted wording can be immensely helpful.

Finally, learning how to make inferences in any situation is helpful.

• fresh_kalefresh_kale Member
    44 karma

It is absolutely worth it! The miscellaneous games are the best way to prepare for a curveball on test day, especially if you are already -1 or better. You are still training yourself to spot inferences and create good diagrams.

• 50 karma

The dog game with ribbons I heard appeared in a different form in a recent test