Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Games that use years

snowcap007snowcap007 Member
edited July 2022 in Logic Games 180 karma

Hi everyone,

When sequencing games use years instead of the basic numerical set-up, it really confuses me. Tips on how to speed up my process when I get something like 1989-1995 instead of 1-7? Should I put the years on my game board?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Comments

• Matt SorrMatt Sorr Alum Member
    2239 karma

When I’m given years for a linear sequencing game, I usually just label the slots normally if possible. So, for instance, what I mean is that if I’m given the years 1971-1978, I’d just write the slots as 1-8 because they all begin with “197” and writing the full year would be a waste of time and confusing. In the example you’re giving, since the numbers start in the 1980s then go to the 1990s, I’d only write the last two digits of each year. So my sequence would look like: “89-90-91-92...” I saw JY do this in an explanation and it’s helped me a lot. I used to find sequencing games with years confusing as well, but once you practice some I guarantee it’ll get better!

• dmlang22dmlang22 Member
    130 karma

Came to say that I know the exact game this Q is based off of and just would like to say that I truly feel you lol