Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help for LG timing

tpw24tpw24 Member
in Logic Games 14 karma

Is it a good strategy to go for the add premises questions first? Seems like J.Y. has been doing it a fair bit especially in the recent tests.

Idk but when the clock is ticking I often freeze up on the questions with no direction despite being able to get them right untimed.

Comments

• kwillar9kwillar9 Member
    248 karma

I wish earlier in my prep I had started doing questions with premises first. Oftentimes while doing these premise questions first, I am able to eliminate wrong answer choices in other questions that don't have premises. If you have any more questions you think I could answer, let me know! Good luck!

• Matt SorrMatt Sorr Alum Member
    2239 karma

In general, it can’t hurt to go after these questions first. It’s particularly useful if you’re confused about how to set up the game board, how the game pieces interact with each other, how the rules work, etc. Also, if it’s a rule-driven game, these questions can help you to answer open-ended CBT questions. With this being said, if you’re doing a relatively simple game or a game where you’ve mapped out thorough sub-game boards, you may not need to skip to these questions. I don’t mean to say skipping to add premise questions will be detrimental (though it could waste a few seconds), it probably just wouldn’t be necessary.

• tpw24tpw24 Member
    14 karma

Thank you both. I'll give it a shot next week and see how I fare!