Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Applying this cycle

studentlifestudentlife Alum Member
in General 34 karma

Hi everyone
I was dealing with really bad burnout for the last 3-4 months that developed over the pandemic, but am now feeling like I can pick back up and study for the LSAT for this cycle to apply to a few Ontario schools in Canada.
Looking to skip some of the core curriculum since I already did a full course with another LSAT prep program.
Any thoughts on this?
Looking to skip over to doing practice sets
Thanks!

Comments

• Matthew100xMatthew100x Alum Member
    edited August 2022 32 karma

Are you looking to skip the test as well? Look I'm going give you some tough love because I'm in the same position. If you know what you're doing then focus what you're weakest on. Take a diagnostic or a preptest, see where you stand, then begin improving.

Oh and drill the logic games, it's the easiest place to gain and lose the most points. Drill it. Do it now. Stop reading this comment and drill, now!

• Matt SorrMatt Sorr Alum Member
    edited August 2022 2245 karma

I think it's totally fine to skip a section of the curriculum if you're already scoring where you'd like to score in that section. This is particularly true for LG and RC. The curriculum doesn't really introduce any outside knowledge or theories to help you with those sections (though it provides some great strategies to attack them). The LR section covers a fair amount of outside info (like lessons on formal logic, logical indicators, and information on how the LSAT "works"), but you could also skip it if you're where you'd like to be with LR.

• C_S_D 01C_S_D 01 Member
    252 karma

Yeah, why not skip? Once you get some data from your practice tests, just revisit the areas of the curriculum that are most needed. Seems like an efficient way to tackle it and with burnout as a factor, that might be your smartest strategy anyway. Good luck!