Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

August 2022 LSAT Issues

edited August 2022 in August 2022 LSAT 52 karma

Anyone else have technical issues for the online August LSAT (Friday)? I ran several diagnostics to ensure that my 2018 MAC air could accommodate for ProctorU but right before the test, they said it was too slow. I made sure to close all my applications and run through the ProctorU diagnostics before I tested (they all came up perfectly fine). Now I sent a complaint and hopefully I can rewrite it on the 23.

Also if anyone has written on the Tablet; is it more difficult/ could I use my own Ipad and Pencil?
I have only been practicing on my Mac so I am worried that the tablet format may be hard to do for logic games given that it would have to be propped up so I could work on the problems on my scratch paper!

Comments

• GetaCLU-1GetaCLU-1 Member
    28 karma

I had major issues!! My internet stopped working and I got booted out of the test, I switched networks, and then even though my network was stable from then on, I got booted out twice more. The proctor eventually had me restart my computer which I'm really nervous will automatically have my test cancelled since the video monitoring would have stopped? Though hopefully since they were the ones who suggested it, that won't be the case?

• 52 karma

@GetaCLU-1 - they restarted mine too! It automatically reconnected after it started back up. Glad to hear that u were able to write tho!

• matt.hip595matt.hip595 Core Member
    edited August 2022 62 karma

Mine disconnected from ProctorU as well after the 10-minute break, early on the third passage, and it took 3 minutes to reconnect. I think I lost time on the passage.

• legalwormlegalworm Alum Member
    17 karma

I highly discourage everyone from using the LSAC tablet. Widespread issues with those this weekend, an email even went out to all August LSAC tablet-users. The tablet I was using never managed to work for the exam.

• vishal_95vishal_95 Core Member
    5 karma

I couldn't connect after I clicked the begin session button it was a blank screen with the chat bubble. I waited for like an hour and a half nothing changed so I sent in a complaint form then got emailed a second form to reschedule for august 23 or oct or nov. I made sure I ran the test on the proctor u site and had the extension doenloaded and running but I guess it was probably an issue on their end.

• krysORtina-1krysORtina-1 Member
    3 karma

I had my laptop and the LSAC issued tablet for a backup. Both passed the proctoru test. When I began my seccion, the proctor could not hear me and said I could not begin the exam. I switched to the tablet and I could not hear the proctor this time. For about an hour tech support tried to find the issue. During this hour the connection kept being interrupted and I had to reconnect several times. I cried through the whole ordeal. Im rescheduled for the 23rd and I will order an external webcam and mic to hopefully avoid any issues.

• lsat2016lsat2016 Free Trial Member
    488 karma

@"matt.hip595" said:
    Mine disconnected from ProctorU as well after the 10-minute break, early on the third passage, and it took 3 minutes to reconnect. I think I lost time on the passage.

I had the same thing happen.

did you contact LSAC for retake? is this grounds for retake?