Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tips for A Smooth Test Day

Hi everyone! I have been reading quite a few posts about difficulties with proctors. I was wondering if anyone had any advice to make sure things go smoothly on test day. I know every second of this test counts, and I would hate to lose precious time because of a miscommunication with a proctor. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• alyssa.tisialyssa.tisi Core Member
    edited August 2022 19 karma

This is my second time writing- I had troubles my first time mostly with Mac privacy features for the proctor to gain control of my computer. I recommend looking on ProctorU's help page and FAQ's page to gain a bit of insight into which settings should be enabled/disabled when utilizing the proctor software. Also doing the "test set-up" practice on ProctorU's site can help identify any immediate issues such as RAM, wifi connectivity etc. As for your proctor I recommend discussing with them before the test begins key house keeping items ie. “If you need to get my attention please pause my exam” and ensure you clarify “ctrl/command F” is allowed to be utilized. Also, make sure to ask your proctor for “permission” to do things throughout the exam ie. “May I put on my sweater that is hanging on my chair back” this ensures any movement is recorded via communication reducing potential issues. Taking control of your exam and knowing what you’re entitled to is key! Hope this helps!

• Chris NguyenChris Nguyen Alum Member Administrator Sage 7Sage Tutor
    4577 karma

Hey there! Here's a few tips:

-I'd practice doing a PT and/or some drills while webcamming yourself so you can see your face. This way, you can tell if you're face is ever not in the proctor's view and to fix any bad habits you have before you take the real thing. When I did this, I caught myself lowering my head so that it was outside of the webcam's view. So I practiced doing logic games with my back straight, so I wouldn't lower my head on test day.

-The proctors don't know how much of a killer timing is on this test, so discussing with the proctor beforehand about addressing any issues is a really good idea. Something as simple as "if an issue comes up during the test, can you pause the time before contacting me to resolve it?" Saying this can really go a long way and can give you some insurance if something happens during the test.

I hope these tips help! If you want to talk more about some test tips, feel free to schedule a free consultation with our 7Sage tutors! Here's the link: https://calendly.com/7sage-consult/7sage-tutoring-free-consult?utm_source=DF_C