Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New LG Style

brandon.r.batchelorbrandon.r.batchelor Alum Member
edited August 2022 in Logic Games 23 karma

I read an article this morning explaining that the LG section of the LSAT is likely to change pretty drastically starting in 2022. Do we know how that will factor into scoring or if LSAC plans to release any information regarding the new style of LG section prior to a complete shift in style?

I'm planning on taking the test in February and don't feel prepared to push that date up but I also don't want to be shooting myself in the foot by studying for a style of LG that will be outdated by the time I take the test.

Comments

• LSAT LizardLSAT Lizard Alum Member
    331 karma

It's true that the LSAT is changing the format of the LG section sometime in the future, but February 2023 is almost certainly going to occur beforehand. Most articles now vaguely point to 'sometime in 2023 or maybe 2024.'

For early 2023, I wouldn't worry at all about the LG section suddenly transforming.

• Matt SorrMatt Sorr Alum Member
    edited August 2022 2239 karma

We don't yet know how any changes will affect scoring or what the new section will look like. It's possible that LSAC totally does away with games but it's also possible that they only slightly tweak them. Additionally, nobody knows when exactly games will be changed. I've read on a couple of forums that when LSAC has made large changes in the past, they've always given notice pretty far in advance and they've released study material to account for the change. I don't imagine this situation will be any different.

Like @LSAT Lizard said, I wouldn't be at all concerned about the February test. Personally, I wouldn't even be concerned with testing as late as June 2023. I may be wrong, but I don't think a seismic change will come anytime before fall of 2023 or early 2024.