Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Score fluctuations?

ClaudioD21ClaudioD21 Member
in General 414 karma

Hello everyone. I was hoping I could get some thoughts on score fluctuations. For context, I usually score in the low 150s (sad, I know), however, my last PT was a 158 (BR: 164). Is there a chance this was an outlier? Under my analytics page, my score has slowly been increasing every PT but for the most part there are fluctuations in the curve on some PTs. Last week, I scored the 158 but exactly one week before that I had scored a mere 149 while scoring a 148 the week before that one. Could this be a sign of improvement? Or a simple outlier? I guess I won't know until I PT again but was hoping I could get some opinions anyway! Thanks.

Comments

• blanklawblanklaw Member
    490 karma

I sort of have this issue as well- the difference though is between my prep tests and blind review is significant though--once I scored a 157 in timed conditions and then got a 180 in BR-- it was definitely a very thorough review, but I still had very mixed feelings about this result. This definitely highlighted for me that my fundamentals are fine for the most part (I've scored in the 170s with no time restraint), but my processes for the actual test are very ad hoc and inconsistent-- I think this is a huge pitfall for my score in timed conditions.

I definitely understand the frustration of the gap-- but I would say that I think overall, your score will continue to fluctuate (just as mine is) until you have a very clear, simple, consistent approach for each question and are able to execute it mechanistically under time- which is what I am currently working on.

I am starting to believe that a huge thing to overcome in the LSAT is the personalization of the test in the sense of what I feel should be right and instead focusing on careful adherence to the rules of logic and the questions asked--but to the point where THAT is the instinctual (the mechanics, not the "I" piece).

I'll let you know if this helps me!