Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Incorporating the LSAT Trainer with 7sage

Kristen BKristen B Member
in General 388 karma
Hello!

I have read so many good things about the LSAT trainer and I plan on purchasing the book. So, my question is how do you incorporate the LSAT trainer with 7sage. Do things overlap? Also, as a side not I am in the beginning stages of studying, I just finished the weaknesses/assumptions portion of 7sage.

Thanks for any help or advice!

Comments

• emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    You could implement the Trainer with your 7sage prep at anytime. What i did was go through 7sage first and then after finishing the course I started on the Trainer. A lot of the material overlaps but it was mainly helpful for flaw questions and RC.
  • allison.gill.sanfordallison.gill.sanford Alum Inactive Sage
    1128 karma
    I started with the Trainer and then found 7Sage; so far it's clear to me that 7Sage is fantastic and more comprehensive for teaching LG (you could probably skip the LG sections in the Trainer and just do it on 7Sage), and the Trainer is excellent for LR (so make sure to go through the Trainer material for that). I haven't completed the core curriculum for LR with 7Sage since I learned some great strategies through the Trainer, but I may go back and look at the 7Sage core LR material later.

Here is how I would learn LG with both sources if I could go back: begin with the Logic + "Lawgic" lessons on 7Sage. Do JY's quizzes, and supplement with the Trainer's drills for learning conditional logic. Go through all the game types and problem sets on 7Sage to learn LG (and then repeat them as JY suggests so you are memorizing how to make inferences). Then look over Mike Kim's remaining materials for LG and see if you like his notations and want to incorporate them (I personally like his use of shapes and lowercase letters for games with subsets). Do Mike Kim's Mastery Challenge chapter when you feel you understand how to do almost all game types.

I tried to do the mastery challenge before I began 7Sage, and it was demoralizing. You need a lot of skills under your belt, and 7Sage gives you the repetition and practice to be able to tackle tougher games.

I have the most experience pairing the two for LG, so I don't have strong advice for RC or for LR, but at the least I would recommend doing all of the Trainer material for LR; it is very good.