Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please help w/ LG

ClaudioD21ClaudioD21 Member

It seems that no matter what I do I can’t get even close to -0 timed. Either I rush to finish all 4 games and get 8 wrong for rushing or I don’t get to the last game at all and end up with a -5 or -6. I really need to get this down to below -3 if I’m to get the score I’m aiming for in October. If anyone has any pointers I’d be very grateful.

For context, I usually do at least 1 full LG section per day (4 games) but I’ll often do more (6-8 games). Then I’ll BR when I finish and then I’ll watch video explanations for the ones I was too slow on or didn’t understand. Still, I consistently score around -8 on any given timed section. Again, due to either rushing or not finishing. Please help me!!

Comments

• Matt SorrMatt Sorr Alum Member
    2239 karma

Have you tried fool proofing the games? There’s a video in the core curriculum explaining it. Doing a game, BRing it, and watching an explanation video is fine and well, but I’ve often found that I don’t truly start understanding certain inferences and setups until I’m forced to recreate them myself. If you just watch JY’s explanation, you might say, “oh, okay, that makes sense. I get why he did that,” then just move on. But it’s highly likely that if you tried to recreate what he did after, say, a day or a week, you wouldn’t be able to. This is why fool proofing is so useful: it forces you to actually learn the inferences and make them yourself. You don’t stop redoing a game until you can.

• jason.ruggebergjason.ruggeberg Yearly + Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    14 karma

Hey Claudio,

Timing is often the biggest battle for Logic Games and it can be incredibly frustrating when you get the material provided enough time, but can't execute it to the same standard on the clock. Usually when there's trouble with timing, a great starting point is to review best practices. Are you representing rules as visually as possible? Are you representing them positively? Are you effectively identifying what the most restrictive rules are and using those to split (where applicable)? Are you being strategic about which answer choices you test or are you brute-forcing? These questions (although not exhaustive) can help diagnose inefficiencies in your methodology.

Echoing Matt above, it's also really important to practice games that you've already done. Foolproofing is an incredibly useful drill for this that I'd strongly suggest you implement. Here's a link to the explanation in the core curriculum: https://7sage.com/lesson/fool-proof-guide-to-perfection-on-logic-games-1/.

If you're interested in a more personalized assessment of where the difficulties may lie and how a tutor can coach you through them, feel free to use this link to book a free consult with one of our tutors here at 7Sage: https://calendly.com/7sage-consult/7sage-tutoring-free-consult?utm_source=ST