Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help: Testing

I am not quite sure what to do. I do very well on all the timed practice sets and I've learned all the LSAT content. However, no matter what I do, I cannot seem to do well on any of the LSAT PrepTests or the real exam. I always run out of time and go super slow for some reason, and the answers don't come to me like they do in the practice tests. Any tips to get over this?

Comments

• nfazionfazio Core Member
    13 karma

Not sure how to solve this but I am in a similar boat, I score high 160s on the practice exams but I cant break 155 on the real exam?

• julia.grevejulia.greve Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    191 karma

Hey there!

A large part of the challenge of the LSAT is taking practice sets together in a full test. It's certainly true that many students see better performance on one section tests and shorter drills. That's because you are not taking that section after the fatigue of working few a couple others already. The best way to combat this is exposure therapy.

The time constraint of the LSAT is one of its biggest challenges, and they can only be improved by including one and perhaps even two full timed tests per week. Another way to increase your stamina is take 5 section tests with your least favorite experimental to get yourself into the crunch time mindset.

Try to come up with drills that will push you to keep going when you experience any sort of anxiety or fatigue!