Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

November LSAT- How many PT's to take with exactly 1 month left?

acc240acc240 Live Member

I'm scheduled for the November LSAT and I'm wondering if aiming for 3-5 PTs a week is too aggressive? or any recommendations for the week of the LSAT? I would love to hear any thoughts/experiences!

Comments

• lucasjameszieglerlucasjamesziegler Core Member
    380 karma

3-5 is wayyyyyyyy too aggressive. You will get more out of 2 with a thorough review. Also use the time to shore up strategies for problem areas.

• ProfLaytonProfLayton Member
    110 karma

100% do not do 4 or 5.

I think alternating between 2/3 is better. You do Su/Tu/Friday and Monday/Thursday every other week. Once you reach the last week, do 1 last practice test and focus more on looking back at problems/sets you struggled with. You'll gain more out of reviewing the tricky ones than to do another set of relatively easy questions you generally get correct mixed in with the priority questions you're messing up

• melsathopemelsathope Core Member
    edited October 2022 112 karma

I am also taking it in one month and I am currently doing 1 test a day + review same day except for weekends. But I am also neither working nor in school so it really depends on your schedule. Personally, I would try to do at least 1 section a day and alternate between RC, LR and LG so you don't lose the rhythm. Then on the weekends you can do a full test one day (let's say Saturday) and review the next day (Sunday). for me personally - if I stay more than 1 day without doing any section I completely lose track of my pace, then it's much harder for me to get back on pace. So I would rather do a little bit everyday rather than a lot in 1 day and then not do anything for a few days - if that makes sense.

• WhatIsLifeWhatIsLife Member
    810 karma

@melsathope said:
    I am also taking it in one month and I am currently doing 1 test a day + review same day except for weekends. But I am also neither working nor in school so it really depends on your schedule. Personally, I would try to do at least 1 section a day and alternate between RC, LR and LG so you don't lose the rhythm. Then on the weekends you can do a full test one day (let's say Saturday) and review the next day (Sunday). for me personally - if I stay more than 1 day without doing any section I completely lose track of my pace, then it's much harder for me to get back on pace. So I would rather do a little bit everyday rather than a lot in 1 day and then not do anything for a few days - if that makes sense.

How has one test a day affected your score since the first day till now?

There was a point that I was doing 1 section a day during my lunch break at work. I was working and studying full time so that's the only time I had to study. I did this way, because the moment I stop studying for a few days in a row, I lose momentum.
    If I do 1 section of RC/LG/LR after not studying for a week, time will run out when I am in like Q18. When I do one section a day, which is a good pace at the time when I was working and studying full time, I am able to finish the section within the time and get a decent score. At this time, I was getting between 0 and -4 on LG, between -5 and -8 on RC, and between -5 and -8 on LR.
    This is decent but still a lot to improve.

I quit my job and finished my master's and now I am dedicating 100% of my time do to LSAT. If I think about 1 test a day, it's actually not that much. It's 4 sections only. To not burn myself out, I like to do 2 sections in the morning, then I go to gym, make lunch, then come back and correct the sections. Then I will do the last 2 sessions in the afternoon, and do the corrections at night. I don't re-do the entire test doing blind review because honestly (my opinion) it's a waste of time. I look at the ones I got wrong, see why, then move on.

There are days that I do one practice without long breaks if I have to do something during the day. We are currently moving so I will wake up like 7am, eat breakfast and so on, then by 8:30am I will start a test and finish it by like 1pm - which then gives me time to do stuff in the afternoon. Then I will come back at night and only check the ones I got wrong. I am scoring now in the 170s. The reason I think I improved my score from doing 0 to 1 section a day to 1 test a day is not because I learned something new and now I am suddenly doing better. I think I improved it because I got sharper time wise and more efficient on my thinking because I got more and more used to the LSAT. I do take Saturday and Sunday off because I am also working on my law school applications. So overall it has improved my score because I got more and more comfortable with the test - it doesn't scare me like it used to.

• WhatIsLifeWhatIsLife Member
    810 karma

@melsathope said:
    There was a point that I was doing 1 section a day during my lunch break at work. I was working and studying full time so that's the only time I had to study. I did this way, because the moment I stop studying for a few days in a row, I lose momentum.
    If I do 1 section of RC/LG/LR after not studying for a week, time will run out when I am in like Q18. When I do one section a day, which is a good pace at the time when I was working and studying full time, I am able to finish the section within the time and get a decent score. At this time, I was getting between 0 and -4 on LG, between -5 and -8 on RC, and between -5 and -8 on LR.
    This is decent but still a lot to improve.

I quit my job and finished my master's and now I am dedicating 100% of my time do to LSAT. If I think about 1 test a day, it's actually not that much. It's 4 sections only. To not burn myself out, I like to do 2 sections in the morning, then I go to gym, make lunch, then come back and correct the sections. Then I will do the last 2 sessions in the afternoon, and do the corrections at night. I don't re-do the entire test doing blind review because honestly (my opinion) it's a waste of time. I look at the ones I got wrong, see why, then move on.

There are days that I do one practice without long breaks if I have to do something during the day. We are currently moving so I will wake up like 7am, eat breakfast and so on, then by 8:30am I will start a test and finish it by like 1pm - which then gives me time to do stuff in the afternoon. Then I will come back at night and only check the ones I got wrong. I am scoring now in the 170s. The reason I think I improved my score from doing 0 to 1 section a day to 1 test a day is not because I learned something new and now I am suddenly doing better. I think I improved it because I got sharper time wise and more efficient on my thinking because I got more and more used to the LSAT. I do take Saturday and Sunday off because I am also working on my law school applications. So overall it has improved my score because I got more and more comfortable with the test - it doesn't scare me like it used to.

Thank you for the write up, I think this convinced me to give it a shot for a week and see if it works for me. Thanks!

Good luck!!