Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is January too late for the 2023 fall admissions

stef0498stef0498 Core Member
edited November 2022 in Law School Admissions 17 karma

I am debating whether or not to take my LSAT this weekend or wait it out till January. I don't feel very confident I will get the score I want (160+) but I also don't want to wait too long to submit a complete application. I guess my question is if I can ensure I'll get a much better score holding off till January, will that hurt my chances into getting into the school I want? The application deadline for the schools I'm looking at are all in the beginning of march. By the way this is my last time I'm able to take the test (already taken it 4 times). I probably already know my answer, but should I take the test knowing I'll probably score below the median or wait, continue my studies, and shoot for the 75th percentile (162 for the main school I'm looking at).

Comments

• claremontclaremont Core Member
    590 karma

I'll summarize what I've heard other prep companies say:

-Applying in January is not too late in the cycle, especially if you're not shooting for a T14.
    -Applying later in the cycle with a higher LSAT score is better than applying sooner with a lower score (within reason).

• MEHCAM190MEHCAM190 Live Member
    105 karma

I have the same question!

• HailMaryLSATHailMaryLSAT Live Member
    24 karma

@claremont said:
    I'll summarize what I've heard other prep companies say:

-Applying in January is not too late in the cycle, especially if you're not shooting for a T14.
    -Applying later in the cycle with a higher LSAT score is better than applying sooner with a lower score (within reason).

Thank you for easing my nerves lol