Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

7Sage, Trainer, Preptests

katherinestein24katherinestein24 Alum Member
in General 88 karma
Hi guys,

I've finished the 7sage curriculum and am feeling prettty good about my PTs as of right now (high 160s, aiming for 170+). RC is suddenly giving me a lot of trouble, but that's likely because I have spent MINIMAL time in the past 6 months on that section. For the other sections, timing is not an issue as I usually have about 7 minutes left on both LR sections and am going -2/-3 on the games (going to get to -0 eventually, not even concerned). I work long hours but have committed to taking three tests a week. That being said, I just purchased the trainer in hopes that I can perfect some areas. My best friend is an LSAT tutor and his advice for me specifically is to take 3 tests a week.

Does anyone have any advice for using the trainer to complement PTing? I'm not willing to take less than 3 a week but want to maximize my time.

Comments

• c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    Taking practice tests is a good plan! Use the trainer to work on the question types that are giving you most trouble; sometimes a different perspective will do the trick.

Consistently finishing 7 minutes early in LR is really fast lol. If you aren't getting -0 or -1 in this section then you may benefit in slowing down your pace a little.

Also, make sure you are doing a robust BR. I'd recommend checking out the BR study groups too on Wed, Fri, or Sat.

Good luck!
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    edited July 2015 7965 karma
    @katherinestein24 said:
    Does anyone have any advice for using the trainer to complement PTing?
    First thing I'd do is dig deep into all of the chapters on RC. How much trouble is a "lot of trouble"—and is it a timing issue? I'd recommend watching videos of Sages doing RC sections.

Next, take a look at your analytics (or at least success rates with certain QT's). Any sore spots? Double-cover your bases by doing the Trainer chapters/drill sets on those.