Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Closed Captioning Automatically On

AComplete180AComplete180 Alum Member

Hello, is there a way to remove the option of closed captioning automatically appearing when you start a video? I know you can downgrade the video player's functionality, but I like to use most of the functions its just that the closed captioning feature always needs to be manually turned off for every video explanation. IS there anyway to remove this "auto-on" feature for CC. #help

Comments

• krrt00krrt00 Alum Member
    41 karma

On that note... how do you turn on closed captioning in the first place? I wasn't able to find that option.

• Jovil --Student Service--Jovil --Student Service-- Member Administrator Student Services
    163 karma

@AComplete180 I'm sorry for the trouble. If you manually disable closed captioning in one video, it should automatically be turned off when you watch other explanation videos. See the GIF below:

However, I would like to get to the bottom of this so that it is working on your end too. Please try the following:

(1) Force refresh the page. Scroll to the bottom of the page and tap on "Force Refresh." See the screenshot below:

(2) Clear your browser's cache with these steps: https://7sage.com/clear-cache/

(3) Try using a different browser. We find that the Chrome browser works best with our course, but Firefox and Safari work well too.

If you are still having trouble, please let me know what device you are using (Windows or Mac) and what browser so that I can further investigate the issue.

• Jovil --Student Service--Jovil --Student Service-- Member Administrator Student Services
    163 karma

@krthai00 Sorry about that. We're rolling out captions for our videos, and they're already available for the newest PT explanations. Because our library contains thousands of videos, we don't have an estimate of when the other video lessons will have them.

To turn on closed captioning for the newest PT explanations, tap the "CC" icon next to the playback button and click "ON." See the GIF below:

• AComplete180AComplete180 Alum Member
    30 karma

@"Jovil --Student Service--" thanks! I recently had to switch to safari while my laptop is in the shop, this makes more sense. thank you!