Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nov LSAT

Avatario43Avatario43 Core Member
edited October 2022 in General 198 karma
                                                                          https://i.imgur.com/R4qMLyz.png                                                                      

Here is my latest results.

Total: 154

LR : -9
LG - 11
RC -8

Please no pretentious comments. I need real advice. Taking November LSAT and just need 158 to 160 for high likelihood of getting into my schools, lmu chapman usd etc. please help me out with the best study techniques for for these last two weeks. I can do it.

I only need about 5-7 more correct answers on average which means either perfecting one section or a little bit in each. What would you do? Drill drill drill?

Can someone help me with logic games?

Please any genuine and thorough advice would mean the world catered specifically to my situation / goals

Comments

• 102 karma

Just keep drilling logic games. Its the easiest section to improve on

• WhatIsLifeWhatIsLife Member
    810 karma

Here is my subjective opinion: Start at the beginning of the Logic Games CC, forget the video lessons, work your way through every problem set and foolproof each game. This is doable from now until the LSAT. By the end of this, you will be at a score substantially higher than -11. When I finished fool proofing the CC I was around -2/-3.

I would spend most of the time doing that, but also make time for maybe 1 section of LR + 2 or 3 passages of RC daily because I don't think completely forgetting about the other two sections is a good idea.

• ELPISTOLERO9ELPISTOLERO9 Alum Member
    285 karma

So i agree with the previous two comments about LG but i want to add that you need to look at your analytics. For example, if you struggle with grouping games more than sequencing, you need to drill the hell out of grouping games (but be cautious, never ignore any type of game). So for LG, keep fool proofing and always understand the logic behind inferences.

Same thing applies to LR, where are you going wrong? is it MC, SA, NA, MSS, etc.. figure where you are weak and where you are strong to gather the most points there.
    For example, you're good in MC/AP/PF questions, aim to never miss them in any drills.
    Second, are you getting 10 in 10? if you are then good, if not then start drilling 10 easy questions and get them correct in under 10 mins (personal tip here: be confident here, once you choose an answer, move on to the next question)

Go back to the CC and refresh your memory and never underestimate the fundamentals because they make all the difference in every section.

Hope these will help!

• Avatario43Avatario43 Core Member
    198 karma

thank you so so much! this was really helpful. how can I drill (referring to now or never comment) one section of an lr lets say and see the answers for that to review?

• cob is studying-1cob is studying-1 Core Member
    16 karma

Hey, I am taking the NOV LSAT as well - pm me maybe we can drill together and sharpen up on LG.

• kdpt9876kdpt9876 Alum Member
    26 karma

I'm taking the Nov LSAT too and taking in all these last min advice tips as well. What do you guys mean by go back to the CC? What does CC stand for?

• cb4877820cb4877820 Core Member
    18 karma

@"NowOrNever-1-1-1-1-1-1" said:
    Here is my subjective opinion: Start at the beginning of the Logic Games CC, forget the video lessons, work your way through every problem set and foolproof each game. This is doable from now until the LSAT. By the end of this, you will be at a score substantially higher than -11. When I finished fool proofing the CC I was around -2/-3.

I would spend most of the time doing that, but also make time for maybe 1 section of LR + 2 or 3 passages of RC daily because I don't think completely forgetting about the other two sections is a good idea.

You did not do the whole 1-35 ordeal AFTER the LG CC?
    @NowOrNever-1-1-1-1-1-1

• cb4877820cb4877820 Core Member
    18 karma

@NowOrNever-1-1-1-1-1-1 What are you pting at?

• baparacha-1baparacha-1 Member
    113 karma

Fun fact I just got over that curve from consistently getting mid 150 to now scoring low 160s (which is around my goal score for Nov).

So my number one tip is think about timing. I found that with me my low scores wasn’t basic understanding but timing. For timing, drilling is much better because then you can really target the sections that take you the longest instead of just being fatigued with taking another PT.

Also if you have been taking PTs, one thing that really helped me was the analytics section. It’s under the prep test section and I love it because if you scroll down each section is broken down into question type and how you do on the actually versus how you are expected to do on it. It also ranks each question type from what you need to worry the most about to the least and does it in each section. Then I went to the course section of LSAT and brushed up and made sure I understood the fundamentals of the top 3 question types I struggles with drilling those questions to gauge my improvement.

• aljhongsaljhongs Alum Member
    3 karma

I'm at 168 right now, was originally at 149 in July. What worked best for me and broke me out of my plateaus was A: drilling LG hard (it's the easiest section once you get the handle on it), and B: working on my method for RC. I'm still bad at LR, but that's because I'm dumb and argue with the answers.

• megan.monickmegan.monick Member
    67 karma

my highest is a 162 and I'm also taking the Nov test. What's helped me is watching all the explanation videos for the ones I got wrong in every section. Then I specifically focus on LG by watching all of those videos even if I got all the questions right for a game. This has helped me tremendously because even if I set up my game correctly, there's most likely always a way that it can be done faster, so seeing it being set up more efficiently than I did it has helped. Hope this helps and good luck to you!!