Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAC Removing Logic Games

mikalyn.greenzweigmikalyn.greenzweig Live Member
in Logic Games 503 karma

Today I got an email (and I'm sure most people have as well), about the practice LSAT field study for the new alternatives to the logic games section that will be administered in December. I know LSAC announced that they are looking to announce the changes to LG sometime in 2023, but I was wondering if anyone knew specifically when these changes would be implemented? I'm shooting to take my LSAT sometime early in 2023 and I'm going to be really bummed if I'm studying LG for no reason right now.

Comments

• Hinde SophiaHinde Sophia Alum Member
    165 karma

Following this convo! I'm aiming to take the April 2023 exam and have been studying since March so I really hope the LG section doesn't change before that.

• Matt SorrMatt Sorr Alum Member
    2239 karma

@"mikalyn.greenzweig" @"Hinde Sophia" No, nobody knows when exactly the changes will take place, nor what exactly the changes will look like. If it's any comfort, though, every reputable prep company I've seen comment on the possible changes has stated that when LSAC has made any changes in the past, they've given notice far in advance and stated exactly what changes will be taking place. Additionally, they've provided study materials for the changes. Seeing as the possible removal or overhaul of an entire section will be the largest change LSAC has made in (at least) 30 years, I think it's a safe bet that this change will also come with notice well in advance and study materials. So don't fret! You won't just get an email from LSAC one day telling you, "Oh, by the way, starting with the next test, LG is gone. Haha you're screwed."

Additionally, the email LSAC sent today stated that one of the benefits of participating in their December study is that you'll receive a graded LG section before the February test administration. That implies the practice will be useful for you through at least February, and assuming they'll give an announcement far in advance, it'll be useful quite a while longer than that.

I hope this helps!

• mikalyn.greenzweigmikalyn.greenzweig Live Member
    503 karma

That makes a lot of sense, thank you for your help! With LSAC grading the LG section on the experimental test, does that mean that LG grade can be applied to another exam? For example, if I take the LSAT in February, can that LG scored section be applied towards my February results or are they just giving back the grade so you can see how you did if that makes? @"Matt Sorr"

• claremontclaremont Core Member
    590 karma

@"mikalyn.greenzweig"

The LG during the study will not be graded in the sense that you'll receive an official score.

"If you participate, you’ll receive feedback on your performance on the traditional AR questions, including how many you answered correctly. Along with the feedback to these AR questions, you will receive copies of the questions themselves. It will be the first time these questions, which previously appeared on the LSAT, have been disclosed to anyone. If you’re planning to take the LSAT next spring, this is an excellent opportunity to practice these challenging questions in the authentic LSAT test environment."