Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is April 2023 test good for Fall 2023 admissions?

akku.dpsakku.dps Free Trial Member

I am an Indian guy looking to change career directions by studying law in US. I don't have much idea about the information process since there's not much available in this part of the world about LSAT and how to go about it. Any responses would be welcome.

Comments

• Kimia.pourakKimia.pourak Core Member
    9 karma

Hi! Are you intending to take the April 2023 LSAT to then apply in the Fall 2023 cycle (acceptance to begin law school in Fall 2024)? If so, then yes! The latest LSAT test most law schools will allow for applications to be accepted in each cycle is the January exam in the middle of that cycle (while it's probably not encouraged to take your first exam that late since your applications would be submitted at the end/later side of most deadlines, there's no formal penalty)! For example, I am currently applying this cycle (Fall 2022 application cycle for Fall 2023 admissions). The latest I can take my LSAT to still be considered for this application cycle would be this coming January 2023.

Back to your question about the April 2023 LSAT for Fall 2023 admissions (assuming you mean you would be applying in the Fall 2023 cycle) - the April LSAT would be a great time to take it if you feel prepared by then! That would give you time to prepare your applications throughout the following months before they open for submission in September 2023 and would also allow you a comfortable amount of time should you want to retake the LSAT before submitting your applications. I hope this helps :)

• akku.dpsakku.dps Free Trial Member
    edited November 2022 12 karma

@"Kimia.pourak" Hey there, thank you for your detailed reply. It definitely made the picture clearer for me. Now, I would appear for the April test considering Fall 2024 intake in mind. :smile: