LSAT 154 - Canadian Schools - Try Jan 2022 or not?

edited November 2022 in November 2022 LSAT 59 karma

PLEASE HELP

So got the score for my first LSAT attempt for November and got 154. I am trying to get into Canadian law schools (within Ontario). I have a good GPA, 2 years of professional experiences that are relevant to law and my Personal Statement is strong. So here is the question: do I go with it or it's a score that won't get me anywhere?
Just trying to get my mind around deciding whether to try for Jan or not.

I hope everyone else did well and are happy with their score!

Cheers

Comments

• Crystal00Crystal00 Alum Member
    123 karma

Hi! I’m also in Canada (BC) and I think it really depends on whether you PT much higher than 154? I would say on the actual test day, it’s normal to score several points lower than your PT average. So before you take the exam, if you haven’t been averaging around what you would like to, I suggest holding off unless you think you have a chance this year. I know with Ontario schools, most are looking for 160+ as well. I increased my score from 155 last summer to 169 on this November test! Feel free to reach out to me if you’d like to chat more :)

• Definitely do it again. I understand that applicant pool is smaller this year but it would be a real gamble.

You could still do the Jan one which is what I am doing. I got 157 on Nov but I'm like its only a month and a half more of grinding so why not.

• HarveySpectorHarveySpector Member
    129 karma

Yeah I don’t know the medians in Ontario as well only remember generally being in the 160’s. Some high 160’s right? As someone who applied to 8 schools across Canada, no ontario schools FWIW, last year and got rejected from all 8 (I applied to both Alberta schools, Sask, UofM Dal, UNB Vic). I had a 154 and a 3.75 with 3.85 last 2 years on a 4.0 scale. I’d agree with Crystal00 154 is a long shot at most programs and you be best served preparing for January if your PT average is in the 160s. If not I’d wait for next cycle and be ready to get a 160+ next August/September and applying at the best time right when the cycle opens. Best of luck!