Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Studying after 2 months

ClaudioD21ClaudioD21 Member
in General 414 karma

In short, I took the October LSAT. Didn't get the score I wanted. Retaking in February. I'm starting to study again now in late December and throughout January/early February. I've done zero studying whatsoever since taking October, so it's been roughly 2 months. Should I expect a big score decrease as I start to PT again? Is getting back to where I was a quick process, or will it take multiple weeks? I'm looking to increase by about 5 pts by February. Is it possible to achieve that increase in under 2 months? (October 155 --> 160+ goal). Thanks everyone.

Comments

• ELPISTOLERO9ELPISTOLERO9 Alum Member
    285 karma

Naturally, I'd say that it will take you a couple of weeks but tbh every person is different in how they bounce back. What I would do if I was in your situation is I would drill sections and see how I compare with my past self. You might be surprised and see that you retained a significant amount of LSAT knowledge. If you did then great, if not then review some of the CC to refresh your memory ( you might even see that now you have a fresh perspective on certain concepts that might help you improve on past mistakes). Once you feel that you are ready to take a PT, then go ahead and see where you land. No matter where you do though, you will have a better idea on what to target to reach your goal.

• ClaudioD21ClaudioD21 Member
    414 karma

Thank you! I ended up going in by retaking a PT as sort of like a diagnostic test and scored a 159 (good score for me!). Higher than my real LSAT score, surprisingly. Granted it was PT69. Not sure if that’s known to be an easier PT or about average but it’s a good starting point after over 2 months of no studying at all. Again, thank you for your feedback :)

• julia.grevejulia.greve Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    191 karma

Hey there,

Like many areas of the LSAT, performance for returning test takers depends on the skills of the individual student. While I would not anticipate a score jump in two months time with no studying, I do see students either stay right where they were or decrease a few points. I would not think the result would be too shocking in either direction. But - you never know until you try! The sooner you jump back into studying, the sooner you can be done with the LSAT completely.