Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT Trainer

OoglymoogsOoglymoogs Member
in General 38 karma
Hi all. I'm sure this has been addressed many times before, but does The Trainer use questions from Prep Tests that 7Sage doesn't?
I'm thinking about using it as a supplement, but I don't want to waste too many questions from valuable practice tests.

Other thoughts on The Trainer? Thanks.

Comments

• kimberlyannerosskimberlyanneross Alum Member
    5 karma
    Also curious about this
  • brna0714brna0714 Alum Inactive ⭐
    1489 karma
    Someone mentioned in another thread that 52-57 are used for drilling sets, 58-60 are used for timed sections, and 61-74 are strictly full tests. I've also read 64-71 are full tests so I'm not certain which is accurate.
  • OoglymoogsOoglymoogs Member
    38 karma
    Is it worth using The Trainer program at the expense of the practice tests?
  • DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    7468 karma
    The actual book’s examples are all from test 35 or earlier. His program does advocate drilling with PTs higher, but I think that might be a mistake for some people. Anecdotally, I’ve observed that completing 40 PTs with excellent blind review seems to be as close to a sufficient condition, but not a necessary condition, as one can get to mastering the LSAT (getting a 170+). Clearly, there are people who can master it without having to complete that many tests, but you can’t know for certain beforehand. To be safe, then, I’d recommend keeping PTs 36-75 pristine for timed tests only.
  • OoglymoogsOoglymoogs Member
    38 karma
    Thanks. I suppose I could just go through the program as a supplement, but not do the drills. Anyone else have any thoughts on using The Trainer in addition to 7Sage?
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    @Ooglymoogs Actually I did 7Sage first, then when I got started on the trainer I was already taking 2 PT per week. So I followed my 7Sage syllabus and just skipped the drilling from newer PTs. Whenever I had to drill I would just go back and drill problems from my cambridge packets (which are from PT 1-38) or from the recent PT I had taken that week and gotten wrong.