Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advice needed

Melr1234-1Melr1234-1 Alum Member
in General 67 karma

Hi! I just got my jan mark back and i think im going to rewrite it. I got a mid 150s mark and my goal is mid 160s.. i have used almost all of the 7sage study material drilling wise and i have done the pt's in 80s and all of 90's including the latest the 93 prep test. I am super confused as to how i would restudy? how do i go about using the same material again

Comments

• elias.christensenelias.christensen Yearly + Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    37 karma

Hi there! So if you've already been through all PTs 80 and up, the ones in the 60s and 70s should still be useful to practice on before you have to resort to retesting. If you're not blind reviewing, try incorporating BR on future PTs to get more out of each one!

You can also go back to tests 80+ and review your wrong answers from those tests to gain insight into why you got them wrong and how to recognize the right answer on future tests. I highly suggest keeping a wrong answer journal, where you note the right answer, the answer you chose, why the right answer is correct, and what drew you to pick your answer—this can really give a lot of insight as to where there may be gaps in your logic that you can fill. It's time consuming, but it gives you a lot to work with!

As for drills, I am assuming you are referring to the ones available in the core curriculum. Now that you've used up all the ones 7Sage made for you, you can start building your own! We have a custom drill builder available here—I'd suggest using the advanced drill builder instead of the auto-builder, as the advanced builder will allow you to pick which tests you want to draw from and thus avoid burning material from newer PTs, and it will also show you if you've seen a question before. I suggest sticking to PTs 1-35 in the Core Curriculum tab first, then moving to PTs 36-58 in the Newer tab if you've used up most of the oldest material.

The other great thing about custom drills is that you'll be able to design drills for a specific purpose. If you're having trouble working through questions quickly, one example of a drill you can make is answering the first 15 questions of an LR section in a 15 minute time limit to force yourself to choose how to prioritize and move on from question to question; or if you spend too much time going back to consult the passage on RC questions, another example you can try is a memory drill, where you read the passage, make a good low-res summary, and then don't return to the passage at all as you answer the questions. Making drills that suit your own personal needs gives you a lot of ways to focus on the areas of the test that are most effective for you to study.

And if you still find you're having trouble deciding where to go from here or aren't sure what kind of drills will help take your LSAT score to the next level, our expert tutors can help you figure out how to structure your studies! You can always schedule a free consultation via this link to discuss further. Best of luck with your continuing LSAT studies!