Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rejection notice came in 2 days after I applied

judy-ohiojudy-ohio Free Trial Member
edited February 2023 in Law School Admissions 4 karma

Hi,

New member here.

So, I applied to this 3rd tier school mid February. I received a rejection notice from them by email 2 days after I applied. Their deadline is on March 1. I applied on late Tuesday night, they sent me the rejection notice at 9am on Friday. Basically, they received my app sometime on Wed and made a decision by the end of Thursday.

Is it normal to receive the notice this quick? I'm aware I was late in the game, but I feel like they didn't even look at my app / CAS report at all. I think my stats are okay for this school: low lsat score but very high GPAs. I submitted all materials with confidence. I don't think I was missing anything critical in my application. I am an Asian immigrant, but I choose not to think that my ethnic background was the reason for immediate rejection. Or, should I?

I paid the $70 application fee in full plus CAS report fee. I am aware those fees are non-refundable, but I mean. They said in the email their admission team reviewed all my materials and reports, then made a decision. All in 2 days? I feel like I should contact LSAC for misconduct of the admission process of this school. Honestly, I am okay with their decision. I have other active applications in review. I just wished they had reviewed my app equally with others for the admission I paid more than $100 for. What you guys think? Thanks.

Comments

• JDream2025JDream2025 Alum Member
    990 karma

I’m sorry to hear that. This can happen. For future reference, email the school and ask for an application fee waiver. They send it out in less than a day.

• claw2023-1claw2023-1 Member
    106 karma

Do you feel comfortable disclosing the name of the school? Thanks!