Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Conditional Diagramming for "None", "No", "Not all"

tiptonmaudetiptonmaude Core Member

I keep getting stuck on where to put the slash in a conditional diagram that has "no" or "none", has anyone figured out at tip that helps them? Also is without a sufficient or necessary indicator?

Comments

• Shemariel165-1-1-1Shemariel165-1-1-1 Live Member
    114 karma

HI :)

I got you check out this for all translation summary :https://7sage.com/lesson/4-translation-groups-summary/

I skip around the CC but really pushing through it all is very beneficial in the long run.

When you see NO, NONE ,NOT - Pick any idea and negate it and make it the necessary

HOWEVER make sure your translation reflect what the stimulus is saying

I also think the trickiest part is being able to tell if NO, NONE etc are indicators or just normal words (i still struggle sometimes)

For example:

No one is invited who did not RSVP. Rudy did not RSVP.

We have the logical indicator NO - Negate Necessary

We have idea one - one is invited (I)

I use to think that it was supposed to be /I because ( no one is invited) but I believe that we do not use logical indicator words themselves when making negations

We have idea two - not RVSP (/RSVP)

We have this stand alone premise Rudy did not RSVP which I write as ( /RSVP(rudy)

We pick for example idea two (/RSVP) negate it to and make it the necessary conditions, idea one stays the same so we have s

I->RSVP
    /RSVP (rudy )

Here the necessary condition is failing thus the sufficient must fail an we conclude

(/I)

Which in english in Rudy was not invited

Also without is a Negate any idea and make it the sufficient indicator

Hope this helps and didn't confuse you more , I am still new to this so anyone correct me if I am wrong please :)

114 karma
  • tiptonmaudetiptonmaude Core Member
    62 karma

You are an angel ! Thank you :)

• tiptonmaudetiptonmaude Core Member
    62 karma

Do you have the link to the rest of the videos explaining the groups?

114 karma

@tiptonmaude said:
    Do you have the link to the rest of the videos explaining the groups?

Yup here you go JY makes a video for each groupy you can start with this one and just follow the entire lesson:https://7sage.com/lesson/basic-translation-group-1/

All of them can be found under the Introduction to Logic lesson