Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Writing Test

seriouslydeafoseriouslydeafo Core Member
in General 30 karma

Hey all! I’m taking the April test this Friday and I was wondering about the writing test if I need to complete it before I take the test on Friday? How long is the writing test opened for? I was hoping to take the writing test next week or the last week of April before the score releases in May.

Comments

• llifenycllifenyc Live Member
    5 karma

Hey I am taking the April LSAT as well I read that you have up to a year to take it but you won't get your score until it is done. I think I'm going to do it on Saturday morning since I am taking mine Saturday night how confident are you ?? do you feel ready??

• DaniellaaDaniellaa Live Member
    4 karma

hey guys so did you find out about it? are we supposed to do it before or are we allowed to complete it after we write the LSAT?

• Angiex.34Angiex.34 Alum Member
    73 karma

Hi! It's really up to you. You can complete it before or after you take the LSAT but your LSAT score cant be released until you have a writing sample on record. https://www.lsac.org/lsat-writing

• London58London58 Member
    12 karma

The website says the approval of your writing sample can take up to three weeks and your score will not be released until the writing sample is approved. So you could potentially delay your April score release if you wait too long. However, my writing sample was approved in 24 hours so maybe they just say up to three weeks as a buffer. Good luck this weekend!!! I'm taking it tomorrow - ahhh

• lazylsat617lazylsat617 Live Member
    45 karma

I can't believe the test is this weekend! Good luck everyone. I intend to take my writing portion a few hours before the exam (since my best scores have come after writing a paper for class and that makes me superstitious lol.) Manifesting grades above and beyond expectations for all of us! :)