Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

⚖ Official April 2023 LSAT Discussion Thread ⚖

Cherry - Student ServiceCherry - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
in April 2023 LSAT 1485 karma

Hey 7Sagers,

Here's the official April 2023 LSAT Discussion Thread.

REMINDER: Under your Candidate Agreement, you may not discuss the details of any specific LSAT questions at any time. For the April 2023 LSAT, general discussion of what sections you had, or how difficult you found a given section, or speculation about which sections were scored or unscored, is prohibited until after 9pm ET, Tuesday, April 18th.

Posts that violate these rules will be taken down and may result in disciplinary action from LSAC. Let’s work together to ensure the test is fair to everyone, and not share information before everyone has taken the test.

Some examples of typical comments:

The following comments are okay 🙆‍♀️
- the section on Cambodian woodworking really had me second guessing everything.
- a few of the games had me confused but think I was okay.
- overall fair test, struggled on a couple of RC passages (damn you polymorphic molecules) but think I was okay hoping for a -2 or -3

The following comments are over the line 🙅‍♂️
- the passage on Cambodian woodworking didn’t count.
- I had Cambodian woodworking, Fireflies, and rice farming in Iowa so Lithuanian Lithograph Libraries was experimental.
- fair test but struggled on a couple RC passages (polymorphic molecules anyone? Thankfully it didn’t count). Don’t want to take again in June
- Anyone know if Polygamist Societies in the 1880s was real or experimental?
- Please tell me that polygon dice game didn’t count

Good luck to everyone taking the April 2023!

Please keep all discussions of the April 2023 LSAT here!

Comments

• JayjayjayJayjayjay Core Member
    32 karma

how did people feel about the test?

the section on eco diversity really had me second guessing everything and struggled on a couple of other RC passages

• hozackhohozackho Alum Member
    11 karma

i think the RC passages were fair this time, probably all ranging in like 3-4 difficulty out of 5. Wondering how everyone felt about the LG

• JayjayjayJayjayjay Core Member
    32 karma

@hozackho said:
    i think the RC passages were fair this time, probably all ranging in like 3-4 difficulty out of 5. Wondering how everyone felt about the LG

did you have 2 RCs? LG felt okay until the last game

• llifenycllifenyc Live Member
    edited April 2023 5 karma

I take mine tonight I'm so nervous Im most worried about RC

• sucralosedaddysucralosedaddy Alum Member
    310 karma

I thought it was more so similar to the 90s in difficulty than 88/89.

Seems like there were a lot of versions with varying difficulties (especially with the LG section). Someone said on Reddit that they basically had a game that was like the 'virus game'.

I had LR-RC-RC-LG

LR- Seemed normal, I did get thrown off by the first question (maybe it was just nerves). If anything I felt like it wasn't that logic heavy.
    RC- Medium/Hard difficulty, first passage was confusing (place person were similar)and I had to reread the whole thing, but the concept was simple. Didnt finish and left two questions on the table.
    RC- Easy/Medium? Had a weird 1st person passage that felt like a really long LR question and had some easier passages (at least more engaging for me). I did actually use my scratch paper for organizing some of the non-English names to note their respective groups.
    LG- Super easy (no crazy curveballs) felt like I went -0 unless I made a mistake.

Interesting to note the other version that had RC-LR-LR-LG also had a 1st person RC passage so maybe that might be the new trend in reading comp.

Had a pretty great experience with ProctorU which I'm happy about. I definitely feel like the lack of sleep the night before hurt me a bit, I laid down at midnight and I was so nervous I didn't fall asleep till 4ish (test was scheduled for 11am). One thing that was actually kinda funny it that I went on a little bike ride before the test to get a little cardio and vitamin-D to wake me up and my tire ended up going flat (first time ever). So I had to push it all the way back home lol

• MajhunterMajhunter Live Member
    9 karma

I was cruising through till the LG section. Found them more difficult than most of the practice LGs for some reason. Quite a few guesses, at least -8. Will probably have to retest simply for that section. Here's hoping.