Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When there is no time for POE in PT.

jyang72jyang72 Alum Member
edited July 2015 in General 844 karma
Hi everyone, I am just very cautious. Sometimes I did not have time for POE in PT and I just circled the choice I felt very comfortable with. And then BR this question after PT is done. I almost always end up BRing the whole test even I took 20 PTs( BR score is around 172) already. Is this an issue? Thank you!!

Comments

• Matt1234567Matt1234567 Inactive ⭐
    edited July 2015 1294 karma
    If you're confident with your answer choice and already scoring that high, then I guess it's not an issue for you. I always glance over the other answers really quickly, or if it's a tough question, I approach it through POE which gives me some relief in knowing why all the other answers are wrong.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @Matt1234567 said:
    If you're confident with your answer choice and already scoring that high, then I guess it's not an issue for you.
    I think he means his BR score is around 172 :) WHICH IS AWESOME.
    @jyang72 said:
    Is this an issue?
    @jyang72 , I want to be completely honest with you. I do think this is an issue. The unequivocal advice both of top instructors and of top scorers is that POE is indispensable. Sometimes POE is SUPER FAST! Sometimes it doesn't even necessarily involve crossing off wrong AC's. Part of why we POE is because we want to make sure we're not missing something—reading something incorrectly, etc. The only section that's an exception to this is LG. Even LSAC recommends POE except for LG (they say in Superprep that there's no reason to "prove" wrong answers are wrong once you have the right AC).

You're right not to spend excessive amounts of time in POE, but you must practice this habit. If it's taking too long now, well, that's something that will come with time. But I recall @"Jonathan Wang" 's recent article (Mavis Beacon). Even though the best habits might now take longer, you will do yourself harm by not implementing them in your practice/learning phase.
  • jyang72jyang72 Alum Member
    844 karma
    @Matt1234567 ,sorry Matt, forgive my bad typing. My BR score is around 172,not PT.
    844 karma
    @nicole.hopkins , Thank you so much for pointing out this for me. I will definitely go through POE in test. Since I decide to put my test date off to December, I will have time to practice the right habit.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @jyang72 said:
    Since I decide to put my test date off to December, I will have time to practice the right habit.
    Awesome! Trust me—it WIL get better! Your hard work will pay off.
  • Matt1234567Matt1234567 Inactive ⭐
    1294 karma
    @jyang72 said:
    sorry Matt, forgive my bad typing. My BR score is around 172,not PT.
    Haha no worries! Follow Nicole's sound advice and you should be good.
    844 karma
    @nicole.hopkins Thank you!!!
    844 karma
    @Matt1234567 , but thank you for your comment anyway!! :D