Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Study Scheduler v2

David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
edited May 2023 in General 7272 karma

Hi all,

We just released a beta version of a new study scheduler. Try it out and let us know what you think. Thanks so much, and happy studying!

Comments

• sherlockholmesherlockholme Live Member
    69 karma

What an awesome improvement! So, this new study scheduler aligns you with the second volume of the core curriculum, right?

• studentlifestudentlife Alum Member
    34 karma

thanks so much! looks great. would be nice to see this incorporated for the old curriculum that can match with our current progress

• David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
    7272 karma

@sherlockholme, yes, the new scheduler points to Core Curriculum v2 lessons. @studentlife , thanks for your feedback. Right now, unfortunately, the new scheduler isn't actually wired up to the core curriculum, so it couldn't sync your progress even if we did point it to the first Core Curriculum. We'll work on this, though.

• studentlifestudentlife Alum Member
    34 karma

i'm noticing that if i increase the number of hours i can spend studying per week more content is added into the scheduler? is this intentional?

7272 karma

@studentlife yes. In the original study scheduler, we always try to schedule the entire core curriculum, even if that results in doing many hours per week. In the new study scheduler, we add or remove content from the CC based on how much time you have to study, prioritizing the content that we think is most important.

In other words, the old study scheduler treats the content as fixed, and makes your study-rate accommodate the content. The new study scheduler treats your study rate as fixed, and makes the content accommodate your study rate.

I'd be interested to hear which one is more useful to you, and where you think we need to explain this more on the page.

• Legallyblack-2Legallyblack-2 Live Member
    245 karma

I love it! V2 and the live courses helped me understand Sufficent Assumption questions better!!

• aaronbeandggaaronbeandgg Free Trial Member
    edited May 2023 2 karma

The beta version of the new class schedule is awesome. I learned a lot from it. I love it

• NeeeeeeeNeeeeeee Live Member
    39 karma

How do you keep the new scheduler? Every time I log back in, it reverts back to the old scheduler.

• jleecandojleecando Core Member
    22 karma

Are there no Practice Tests integrated into the Study Schedule? Do I just have to take them on my own time?

• Cherry - Student ServiceCherry - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    1427 karma

@jleecando said:
    Are there no Practice Tests integrated into the Study Schedule? Do I just have to take them on my own time?

We've taken the PrepTests out of the Core Curriculum in v2 and moved them to https://7sage.com/preptests/. We did this for a couple reasons. First, we thought the PrepTests page was a better and more organized way to show all the PTs. Second, we don't necessarily recommend waiting until the end of your studies to take a PT, and then trying to take every PT!

• AshleyCKAshleyCK Core Member
    2 karma

I don't know what the old one looked like, but I enjoy this one. I only wish it spread out the prep tests for each week instead of saving the bulk for the end. That would probably help more people.

7272 karma

Thanks for the feedback, @Ashley.kraft1992! The old one lives here: https://7sage.com/study-schedule/, fyi.

• mcdonaldkezia1mcdonaldkezia1 Core Member
    5 karma

Is the material different between the two? I didn't realize that I started the first version, and when I went over to the new version. My progress didn't transfer. Just want to make sure I'm not missing any material!

edited May 2023 7272 karma

The new study scheduler only points to lessons in Core Curriculum v2 (CCv2). The old study scheduler will point to CCv1 or CCv2, depending on whether you've opted in to CCv2.

Unfortunately, your progress won't sync in any case. The new study scheduler doesn't yet talk to the core curriculum. If you want to track your progress with it, you have to manually check off lessons on the study scheduler itself.

• TRUST ESTATE LAW 2000TRUST ESTATE LAW 2000 Live Member
    35 karma

Interesting! I will try out having already completed the core curriculum but updating it and using it as a review as i go!

• rwhittakrwhittak Live Member
    20 karma

I think the suggested time that's listed on each lesson is drastically underestimating how long it will take to absorb the information. If you're just supposed to read everything then sure maybe, but it doesn't take into account note taking. This is especially the case for the quizzes. One of the quizzes has 21 questions but assumes it would take 11 minutes to finish.

• TRUST ESTATE LAW 2000TRUST ESTATE LAW 2000 Live Member
    35 karma

If one has already completed the original core curriculum but i want to go back but this time use the new version ( i know it wont populate my old work) where do i go? I am able to put in my new hours and it formulates the schedule for me but doesnt allow me to access any of the actual material! Who should I be reaching out to for questions like these? @"7Sage Admin"

• Paula --Student Service--Paula --Student Service-- Member Administrator Student Services
    edited June 2023 848 karma

Hi @"Tennis Player Lawyer-1-1-1",

Sorry about that.

I looked at your account and it looks like you do not have access to Core Curriculum v2 hence, I just gave you access to CCv2. You can switch between CCv1 and CCv2 by clicking "Switch to v.." in the Syllabus. See the screenshot below:

After switching to CC v2, you will now be able to access any of the actual material from CC v2.

Also, for further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at studentservice@7sage.com.

• jenalfakhoury98jenalfakhoury98 Alum Member
    19 karma

Love the improvement!!

• connortong129connortong129 Alum Member
    5 karma

Is there any way to drill questions from PT 1-35 using the drilling mode? For example, can the 'Drilling Mode' function help me generate 25 LR questions from PT 1-35?

• Emaryg08Emaryg08 Live Member
    3 karma

Hello, how can I switch the scheduler on my account?

• erinnnleeeerinnnleee Alum Member
    8 karma

Is there any way to update the study scheduler with the start date being earlier than today's date? I originally input my end date for August but I'd like to switch it to September!

• Mary - Student ServiceMary - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    edited June 2023 598 karma

@connortong129 said:
    Is there any way to drill questions from PT 1-35 using the drilling mode? For example, can the 'Drilling Mode' function help me generate 25 LR questions from PT 1-35?

Yes, you can drill questions from PT 1-35 using the drilling mode. You just need to create a custom drill under the "Practice" tab in the "Advanced Builder" of the "Drills" section. Here are the steps to do this:

1. Navigate to Drills and select "Use Advanced Builder"
    2. Filter PrepTests to show
    3. Filter Sections (LG, RC, or LR)
    4. Filter tags by tapping (optional)
      5 Filter further by typing keywords like "pt40 s2" (optional)
    5. Tap the plus icon at the leftmost column to add all the questions, or scroll down and mark the questions you want to include with the plus icon on the left
    6. Finally, tap on "Create Problem Set with ... questions" located at the bottom of the page

See the sample GIF below where I generated LR questions from PT1-35:

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further questions.

• Mary - Student ServiceMary - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    edited June 2023 598 karma

@Emaryg08 said:
    Hello, how can I switch the scheduler on my account?

You can switch to the Study Scheduler v2 (Beta) using this link: https://7sage.com/study-schedule-v2/. Please note that this version of the study scheduler has not been added to the Syllabus yet. However, you can bookmark the new study scheduler in your browser, so you can go back to it whenever you need it. For example, if you are using the Chrome browser, you can bookmark this by tapping on the star icon. See the screenshot below:

I hope that helped!

598 karma

@erinnnleee said:
    Is there any way to update the study scheduler with the start date being earlier than today's date? I originally input my end date for August but I'd like to switch it to September!

Sorry, the start date for Study Scheduler v2 (Beta) is the current date and is unable to be set earlier than that. However, we are working on this feature, so you can select past dates. I will let you know once it has been fixed.

In the meantime, please let me know if you have other questions or concerns. I’m here to help.

598 karma

Hi @erinnnleee,

I just want to get back to you on this.

I looked into the Study Scheduler v2 (Beta) and confirmed that it has been updated. You can now retroactively set the date or select the date in the past.

Please let me know if you have any other concerns. I'm happy to help!