Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do you guys use the analytics on the site?

eugene.chongeugene.chong Free Trial Member
in General 62 karma
I'm starting to build a large enough sample of PTs (just took my 7th today) that using the analytics to inform my prep seems like a sensible option. There's a lot of information, though, and I'm not too sure how to translate it into a study strategy. I understand the basic idea; it tells me that I'm bad at pseudo-sufficient assumption, so I should work on that. I'm curious, though, what else you guys get from it and how you apply it. For instance, do the question/section difficulty ratings tell you anything during your review?

What information on there do you guys most value, and how do you use it specifically to guide your next week of studying?

Thanks, all.

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    I use it for focusing in on what LR question types to drill or pay extra attention to. I don't always agree with the difficulty ratings (especially in LG), and even if I did I don't really think it matters on a personal level since I've seen 2 dot ratings for questions I thought were hard and 5 dot ratings for questions I thought were easy.

I don't really use the analytics for RC and LG since they don't paint as clear a picture of your weaknesses relative to the LR analytics.

The analytics are also good for seeing your timed and BR trends and pointing out confidence errors. The analytics can help you focus on minimizing confidence errors by showing you the types of questions that you have them on and if there are any patterns to that.
  • eugene.chongeugene.chong Free Trial Member
    62 karma
    Cool cool. Where do you get the drill sets for each question type after you've burned through the ones in whichever book you may be using? Or do you make them yourself from previous tests?
    8021 karma
    I have the old problem sets on pdf from before the ban. You can pick up some 10 Actual books from early tests and cannibalize those... Or I think a lot of people use the Cambridge LR packets.

Now that I've taken about 10 PTs I'm starting to make new LR sections out of questions I missed.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @Pacifico said:
    I don't really use the analytics for RC and LG since they don't paint as clear a picture of your weaknesses relative to the LR analytics.
    Agree.

@eugene.chong said:
    Where do you get the drill sets for each question type after you've burned through the ones in whichever book you may be using?
    There are also study/drill schedules available on the LSAT Trainer website.
    8021 karma
    I think he's asking for hard copies of the actual questions, not schedules for which to do when. I'm on my phone so I don't have a link to the affordable PT thread.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @Pacifico said:
    I think he's asking for hard copies of the actual questions
    Word—find those here: http://7sage.com/preptests/ (scroll down for links)