Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Possible to get into Law School with a 3 year degree?

inactiveinactive Alum Member
in General 12637 karma
Hey 7Sagers,

Had a user email in with a question that I think you could help out with! Here it is:

Hey guys

I have a quick question, I was wondering is it possible to get into any Law School with a 3 year degree? This is a general degree offered in Canada and in Canada it says you can still get an admission into Law School with this degree but I was wondering is it the same in the USA. If it is I was wondering if you can point out any potential pitfalls of 3 year degree vs a 4 year degree?

Thanks in Advance

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    It doesn't matter how long it takes you to get a degree as long as it is a B.A./B.S. equivalent. Some people in the US get a B.A./B.S. in 3-3.5 years and it still counts just as much. Additionally, law schools don't really care how many credits you have so long as you have a degree. While the standard UG degree is 120 credits over four years, some people have more, some people have less. As long as you have a transcript that says something to the effect of "graduated" or "degree conferred" and you have a diploma/degree then you should be good to go. The best thing to do would be to call or email every single school that you want to apply to and double check with them since some schools might be more particular than others.