Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Translating to Conditional Logic

ToddHonasToddHonas Core Member

Hello,

I had a question about conditional logic in the LR section. How often should I be translating into conditional logic? Is this something I’m supposed to hold in my head or should I actively translate the statements onto paper? Should I be doing this a lot early on in my studies and less over time! Please help!

Comments

• laneyfoxlaneyfox Core Member
    19 karma

Would like to know as well. Are we also allowed to use scrap paper for LR section? I have heard that we can't....

• rdyoung12rdyoung12 Alum Member
    306 karma

I'm not a high scorer but I only translate when "if/then" statements pop up or similar wording. Even then I might not translate because sometimes getting overly technical ends up confusing myself. Of course take what I say with a grain of salt.

• SlowDownSlowDown Alum Member
    84 karma

@ToddHonas Ultimately, it comes down to preference as to how often you decide to write down formal logic. If I had to guess, I'd say somewhere between 5-10 questions I'll write things out (very rough estimate). I tend to write out most, if not all formal arguments to prevent mixing things up in my head, but it's really up to you.

@laneyfox To my understanding, you get 6 double-sided pieces of paper that you can use as you choose. I've never heard of anyone not being able to use scratch paper for any specific sections...

• equallyyokedequallyyoked Live Member
    473 karma

When you see conditional language and can’t crack the code of what they are saying, diagram it. Then you will see the correct answer in that chain somewhere. Or it’s contrapositve.